Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Do It Yourself, Boating on a Budget
Where to buy 2006 496 HO water pump rebuild kit??? >

Where to buy 2006 496 HO water pump rebuild kit???

Notices

Where to buy 2006 496 HO water pump rebuild kit???

Old 06-16-2015, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by vindicator101
Basically, without putting a mic on it, I would say yes the gasket is roughly the same thickness as the wear plate. It seals well enough not to leak.
Thanks for the info and that makes sense. I know plenty of people are using these kits with good luck. Just ordered two for my buddy's boat. Sure beats the price of a new pump!
Old 06-16-2015, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Thanks for your time and replies. As you and anyone including myself it goes totally against for anything to seal properly on a engine to double up gaskets especially when 2 gaskets are totally different.

One is an o ring gasket and the other is a flat all the way across gasket. There is no part on any engine that I know of were you put 2 totally different gaskets of materials, size, shapes and compounds completely together to seal properly from the OEM's.

I went to JC marine website they must have changed some things from the past. I do not remember that they had an inner gasket and that other plate that does not come in the Kit.

http://www.jcmarinellc.com/water_pump_kit.htm
Looking at the pics, the inner "gasket" is really being used as a spacer as it has a larger hole the size of the impeller. Is it the best solution? Probably not. But these kits are designed as an alternative to replacing a $500+ pump.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts

BUP Tried to PM you but your inbox is full. Looking for a deal on two of these and some fittings if you can help?: http://www.hardin-marine.com/p-14544...rhaul-kit.aspx.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:08 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Are you guys crossing out the Hardin price - putting in your own price. Just messin. Yes my PM is full.

I can find out what I can do how fast do you want these ?
Old 06-16-2015, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts

Sorry I had to order them already to get them here in time for the weekend so the wife doesn't have my ass!

And we are in the "boating on a budget section" lol

Last edited by Diamond Dave; 06-16-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:04 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
Did the kit you bought have a spacer? Looking at the JC Marine kit for a friend's boat and was thinking the same thing about the tolerances.
My kits had all 3 plates in the JC marine kit (one being the one that says not included in the kit in the pic). As I said, my impellors lasted 5 years. Seems pretty good longevity to me. No leaks in that time either. BUP is right, o ring seal is way better, but I have had absolutely 0 issues with both pumps I put the kits in. Repairs the scoring and prevents the future damage. Better than original imo.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:11 PM
BUP
Banned

I had no idea that they spaced the back section to allow for impeller clearance with the second wear plate and or gasket.
Years ago I remember this kit or someones kit was Impeller, O-ring gasket, round drop in wear plate & rear wear plate and the very far rear gasket. Nothing to space back for impeller clearances. I guess I should have looked at their website way beforehand. instead of a couple days ago. .
Old 11-09-2015, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
I had no idea that they spaced the back section to allow for impeller clearance with the second wear plate and or gasket.
Years ago I remember this kit or someones kit was Impeller, O-ring gasket, round drop in wear plate & rear wear plate and the very far rear gasket. Nothing to space back for impeller clearances. I guess I should have looked at their website way beforehand. instead of a couple days ago. .
Please email me direct about parts [email protected] your inbox is full. thanks Keith
Old 11-09-2015, 08:07 PM
BUP
Banned

email sent. Thx.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:12 PM
BUP
Banned

So I am asking, lets just say I can get enough of you guys to throw out input as to what pump you want here to pass on some additional savings plus dropped shipped to your address would that work, lets say for about 10 to 20 or more people up here ?

Mercruiser Gen VII Hardin marine pumps that are use for the Bravo apps 2001 and up ? and with and without the pulley ?

Also any other pumps ?

Speak up - if I can get enough volume, I will pass on the savings.

Who is in for this deal and what pumps ?