Notices

Need help with 575sci

Old 07-05-2015, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Need help with 575sci

Will an open thermostat cause the motor to over load causing lack of power due to flooding, and will it affect the water flow to the exhaust ( I have one side spitting less water than the other ) I believe due to the water going into motor continuously.
I pulled the plugs and they were covered in fuel. Runs rough at dock but when I try to take off it wants to shut down due to flooding.
Already changed plugs, distributor cap, rotor, swapped ecm and ignition coil to see what happens (same out come)
Now think thermostat stuck open keeping it in cold start.

Thank you
Old 07-05-2015, 07:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

The easiest way to check if the thermostat is stuck open is that it won't get up to temperature ( temp gauge around 145 ish )
at idle.

I've had them stick open a couple of times and that's how I knew.

My ECM's are reflashed and have all the bad habits inherent with the stock tune removed, so
I'm not much help on the symptoms you listed

Last edited by JaayTeee; 07-05-2015 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:07 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Scan engine and fuel pressure tests are ? What is your water temps on your fully warmed up engine or never getting fully warmed up ?

Possible problem can be - MAP sensor and or possible coolant temp sensor lastly possible bad fuel pressure regulator or possible TBI injectors leaking / stuck open / very poor spray patterns..

Last edited by BUP; 07-05-2015 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure but i don't think Block temp has anything to do with it. I know guys that run chillers and carbs have a problem if the water is pumping through at an idle. But my 575's automaticly adjust the air fuel even with the chillers at idle.It could be your throttle body is gummed or a sensor. It needs to be hooked up to a lap top.BTW the high idle sensor just makes it idle high and does nothing with air fuel