Best flowing SBC iron heads

Notices

Best flowing SBC iron heads

Old 07-06-2015, 03:16 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Best flowing SBC iron heads

Thinking about turning my 350 into a 383. I'm currently running iron vortec heads and a hot cam. I know with the added cubes I will need a larger cam (to be determined) and would like a nice set of iron heads as well. From what I understand the vortec heads don't flow any more much past 5000 rpm and .525 lift. Would I be better off to have some work done on my current heads or can anybody recommend a good set of heads to replace them with?
Old 07-06-2015, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

World products sportsman 2 had them in a street car 383 ran well.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:28 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,090 Likes on 1,392 Posts

If you are not going to spend extra money on porting heads, the Bowtie Vortec's work real well, along with the EQ line of heads.

The ultimate are the old 14 degree Pro Toplines / new RHS 14 degree heads....LOL. joking as this would be out of the realm for this build by far.

You can get RHS and Dart cast iron heads cnc ported, from various sources and by the companies themselves.

Many options.............
Old 07-06-2015, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I don't know chit about SBC builds. But, I have been hearing awesome things about the enginequest's line of BBC iron heads. Well, for the money that is. With some minor port work, they can flow some big numbers. Suppose to be a very nice casting as well. I believe they are cast from the old RHS 320/360 line of heads.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

AFRs always seem to work well but most (all?) are aluminum. I like the Dart products and have had good luck with them and they come in iron and Al.