Notices

My Stepping Stone Project

Old 03-12-2016, 10:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

Nice looking boat, glad you're all enjoying it. When the missus says it's too rough, there is only one answer to that comment.........."bigger boat". Keep on saying it and next time, you might not be so "fiscally responsible". Getting the wifey on-side is always best, I think you started off right with the Rinker.

RR

P.S. Chris at Raceline made my graphics, good to deal with and very happy with the result. (See the pic).
Attached Thumbnails My Stepping Stone Project-image.jpeg  
Old 03-13-2016, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by COOPS
I went with raceline on a 26zx Donzi I had. Great company and product.[ATTACH=CONFIG]552238[/ATTACH]
I see that you are from just up the road in McHenry, do you do most of your boating on the Chain? I have not been out there in years, I hear its shallow, needs a dredging and crawling with cops and DNR, any truth to any of that? I was considering a slip at Sequoit Harbor on the Chain. What are your thoughts. I've do most of my boating on Lake Michigan and Lake Geneva.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rak rua
Nice looking boat, glad you're all enjoying it. When the missus says it's too rough, there is only one answer to that comment.........."bigger boat". Keep on saying it and next time, you might not be so "fiscally responsible". Getting the wifey on-side is always best, I think you started off right with the Rinker.

RR

P.S. Chris at Raceline made my graphics, good to deal with and very happy with the result. (See the pic).
Beautiful boat
Old 03-13-2016, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 1,489 Likes on 805 Posts

Nice job on the trailer. I've been there and done that a couple of times and know how time consuming and what a pain in the you know what to do. Lots of wasted paint also. Nice thing about graphics is you get sick of or they get dated peel them off. I like simple personally. Post a pick of the back of your boat if you would. Was thinking the rinkers had a pad and were a pretty decent and surprisingly quick hull for their size and weight. Build a 383 for that and it will really wake it up. Nice project! I respect your not liking payments also.
Old 03-13-2016, 12:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by partlowr
I see that you are from just up the road in McHenry, do you do most of your boating on the Chain? I have not been out there in years, I hear its shallow, needs a dredging and crawling with cops and DNR, any truth to any of that? I was considering a slip at Sequoit Harbor on the Chain. What are your thoughts. I've do most of my boating on Lake Michigan and Lake Geneva.
I love the chain. Some will say they hate it but it is a great place to boat and hang out. It is shallow in spots but there are boats much bigger than my current 292 that live on the chain.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the kind words guys, was a pleasure working with you. We manufacture graphics to fit any type of boat, 150+ designs to choose from, colors 45 shades. As suggested, our free mockup services are a great way to see what the graphics will look like before you purchase so email us a pic and we'll send back some samples, usually in 24hrs.

Contact me anytime if you have any questions - chris(@)racelinedigital.com

Chris
Old 03-23-2016, 08:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris M
Thanks for the kind words guys, was a pleasure working with you. We manufacture graphics to fit any type of boat, 150+ designs to choose from, colors 45 shades. As suggested, our free mockup services are a great way to see what the graphics will look like before you purchase so email us a pic and we'll send back some samples, usually in 24hrs.

Contact me anytime if you have any questions - chris(@)racelinedigital.com

Chris
Hey Chris! Thanks again for all your help, the graphics completely transformed my boat. One of my buddies is going to be contacting you for new graphics on his boat after seeing mine.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I love post like this...we've all been where you are. Stay after it and have fun.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 104 Likes on 68 Posts

Great job with it all, the graphics really updates the look and the refurbished trailer compliments the other updates you have done. I was in the same situation and took the same route when I purchased my Formula and I couldn't be happier at this point. Good luck with it all and have fun!
Old 03-23-2016, 01:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sprink58
I love post like this...we've all been where you are. Stay after it and have fun.
Thanks! Hopefully I will be in a big boy boat in a season or two. I've actually really enjoyed these DIY projects, it has given me something to do during the past couple months, being here in the Chicago area our boating season doesn't start until April or even early May so winter DIY projects and detailing are the only interaction we can have with our boats. I just installed a new steering wheel last weekend, it's white with some polished aluminum spokes, nothing super fancy but a nice update nonetheless. I also just decided I am going to have the cabin V berth cushions re-upholstered. I ordered a few marine fabric samples from Sailrite and my mom is an avid sewer with some super high tech sewing machine and she says she can do them for me and make them look like OEM quality. The only other project I might tackle is the cabin headliner but the more I think about it the more I might just leave that to a professional or leave it alone completely, it's not bad but there are a couple water stains around one of the port windows,.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.