Classic Donzi Question >

Classic Donzi Question

Notices

Classic Donzi Question

Old 09-22-2005, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Classic Donzi Question

The Hull Molds May Have Come from Performer. We Had 3 Hull Molds, When Buisness tapered Down They Got Rid of 2. The Last was Cut up & Thrown in the Dumpster. The 32 footer we built was sold to a guy in texas. When Is the next Donzi Meet? Cause if I Don't use it , I should sell it. The wife doesn't like it at all. But she doesn't understand How that "Floating/Wiggling feeling" When running 70+ In a 18' boat just soothes the soul. I Have used it 2 times this year. The Carburator has spent more time on other Friends race cars than on the boat. If I sell it I'll get a small O/B Cat that can't chine walk. We'll see how she likes the real floating feeling My 18 is the older(66) True V style hull, It really kicks a$$ when the going gets rough. Thats when I Like it most. But others don't understand. I Guess they don't know these boats have been in my blood since birth, And here in TN They can't even say DONZI
Old 09-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sarasota in October.....

Come on Down!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 02:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 18 is the older(66) True V style hull, It really kicks a$$ when the going gets rough.

There was an earlier true V, before the rounded ones??
That would be worth having
Old 10-02-2005, 05:47 PM
Registered

The earlier 18's had a sharp keel. Around late 68 or so I think they went to the rounded bottom...
Old 10-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The round bottom makes it a bit "floppy" in turns and on landings
Old 10-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Registered

Trade off for the brutal landings the sharp keels suffer from.. IMO they need a bit more power to push em also...
Old 10-06-2005, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

The Newer Rounded bottom is a little faster, also may chine walk a little more. but when All the bass boats and 24' cruisers are at the dock cause they think it's too rough I'm Smilin and wavin as I Go by (Making small steering corrections everytime it hits the water)Its a Ball.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Re: Classic Donzi Question

anyone out their know where i can find a 24 el pescador to buy a sonic with same hull or maybe a preformer i need one for xmass for a freinds father i have a 24 with jack shafted dou prop does anyone know how many of those were maid
Old 12-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anybody out there have any interest in this ?? ( Sorry pics. in next post )

I was told it is a 1978 24' Sonic but I am doing a bit of research as we speak , on whether it is a Sonic or a Spitfire... The boat currently has twin BBC's in it & Stern Powr MX-107's on it... The boat will be sold minus the motors but everything else pictured goes.. incl. the Borg Warner Velvet drives..... Probably the same boat that (DelawareRiverRunner) was talking about ?? I know there can't be to many , if any other 24's around rigged for twin BBC's

Anybody interested in this can can get into a really cool project boat really cheap..

Send me a PM......... Thanks , Scott

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 12-15-2007 at 01:12 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:08 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry I am having trouble loading these pics. from my computor here at home... Take a look at the thread I posted in the Boat Swap section of the forum.

Thanks , Scott

Quick Reply: Classic Donzi Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.