Any Donzi CC owners out there? >

Any Donzi CC owners out there?

Notices

Any Donzi CC owners out there?

Old 03-23-2007, 04:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Donzi CC owners out there?

If so, do you fish out of them? What is your set up and what are your likes and dislikes with the boat in regards to hanging out on the water and fishing time. I'm looking at center consoles but I need something to go out and enjoy the lake in and fish out of a good bit. Mostly freshwater fish but some saltwater will happen.

Thanks in advance for any comments!!
Old 03-23-2007, 06:58 AM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

You're probably referring to the newish/newer O\B stepbottom models not the old relics like my St Tropez .. right ?
Old 03-23-2007, 08:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by madbouyz
You're probably referring to the newish/newer O\B stepbottom models not the old relics like my St Tropez .. right ?
I have been looking at newer models but I'm pretty open to anything as long as it fit's the need of a good boat to hang out on and has all the essentials I need for fishing. I have been looking at the ZF models with a lot of interest.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts

I had the 33 footer with no steps and dual outboards. It was a tank and crushed 5 footers but it only had 200 hp outboards and could have used more power. 250 4-strokes would have been better if the transom could handle the weight. It was a very deep vee which means you get thrown around quite a bit when trolling or drifting in chop. But get her on plane and she was awesome - stable and tough as nails
Old 03-23-2007, 08:58 AM

I sell a lot of the CCs. In NJ area they are used a lot for fishing my buddie owns a 35 Daytona twin 250 EFIs, I have been out with him a few times and he runs the boat hard in the Ocean, there are times when he goes out you feel like your in a boat race. My experience with them, they run solid, dry and when your stationary they don't roll, they are wide enough so fishing room is no problem. If you take a test ride in one you will see how well they perform.
Attached Thumbnails Any Donzi CC owners out there?-new-2005-35zf-small.jpg  
Old 03-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Registered

Donzi was one of the boats on the list before buying the Scarab Sport. Look at the SKA site and see for yourself if anyone is fishing out of teh Donzi. It is one of the more common boats on that tour.

I also considered and really like the Concept but you don't see them on the fish scene very much. In fact, most fisherman don't consider Concept a fishing boat.

Not knocking them, I did say I really like them for what they are.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Registered

Thanks for the feedback. I am definitely going to be looking closer at the Donzi's and go look at a few. I'm down on the coast in Florida now so I may look around this weekend
Old 03-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I really like the 35 ZFX lay out...super nice boat.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Donzi line has a few great boats in it now. Like Frank said, the ZF, ZFX, ZSF, ZFXO are awesome boats. They ride great have nice layouts and you can get them like a Concept if you want the painted dash panels and other custom addons. Donzi will make it anyway you want it. I have done it for customers in the past.

Check out our site to take a look at some boats and look at our inventory. If you have any questions please give us a call.

www.jawsmarine.net

Thanks,
John
Old 03-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Registered

This was a thread I actually put up last year. I did end up buying a center console but didn't go with the Donzi. I had very poor responses and customer support from the Donzi dealers I contacted. One dealer would not return my phone calls at all and the other was supposed to have some questions I had answered by the Donzi rep and gave me no response after repeated phone calls.

I ended up buying a Scout instead and absolutely love it. Actually just listed it for sale locally because we are thinking about buying a bigger one now.

Quick Reply: Any Donzi CC owners out there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.