Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
Test result Formula,Fountain,Donzi why? >

Test result Formula,Fountain,Donzi why?

Notices

Test result Formula,Fountain,Donzi why?

Old 12-10-2007, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats correct, speed is onthing quality and looks preformance is also importaint. Spilman are U telling us that Fountain is
not best quality?? Compared with Donzi event Formula??
Old 12-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Monaco20
Thats correct, speed is onthing quality and looks preformance is also importaint. Spilman are U telling us that Fountain is
I don't see how Fountain is any better/worse than Donzi. I do think Formula might have a bit of an edge in quality, but I doubt it's much or worth the extra money.

Reggie puts it as good as anyone when he says Fountain is the best value. You aren't going to get a unique variation, you aren't going to get the biggest cabin or cockpit, but you'll have one heck of a boat at a great price.

And who really uses the cabin of a 35 foot performance boat? If you are worried about the cabin, you need an express cruiser or other style boat.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So will a 2001 Donzi 33zx run better with stand off boxes? 500efi's Bravo 1's
Old 12-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by Monaco20
Best Quality?? I would say not...but Fountain is what it is; a great value. Most High end performance boats have gotten WAY overpriced, because they can. Fountain is fast for several reasons, but mostly because of their relentless R&D...testing each and every boat, AND most significantly, their size. They are low profile narrow boats. Their are many things I hate about Fountains(& a few I like), but they are a very "good deal", for the most part.
BUT, Best Quality....NO, certainly not...there are at least 10 manufacturers that build higher quality, and some don't charge any more for it(Active Thunder).
But, as I said they are a fast hull. And yes, Donzi & Formula are 2 of the ten.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

The 38ZR is much more boat than a 35 fountain, in fact it is quite a bit larger than a 38 fountain. It has a 8'8" beam and 38'10" centerline. As far as performance not as fast as the fountains but not far out of the ball park. I have ran 90 GPS with 3 adults and 1/2 tank of fuel and 92 with 2 adults and 1/4 tank. This is a staggered 525 setup. I think the numbers on a 38 lightning with same set up, light on fuel are around 96 mph. The Formulas from all I have heard are rock solid, more comfort but not as sleek styling
Old 12-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Registered

I believe the beam is less than 8'-6", but it shouldn't be more....8'-6" is the legal trailerable limit in most states w/o special permits. Not any manufacturer I can think of makes a perf. boat over 8'-6".
But, I agree the Donzi 38 is WAY more boat than a 35 or 38 Fountain. In fact a 35 Donzi is more boat than a 38 Lightning.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:37 AM
Registered

I like all three of the boats for the same reasons as they're marketed. Having said that, the thing that aggravates me about the Fountains is the "head to head" comparisons, and all the brand bashing they do on a regular basis, which is infantile. 99% of the Fountain propaganda is not apples to apples. If we're going to run a narrow staggered hull against a wide, tall, side by side, why not put the narrow staggered hull against a cat of the same power? Or would that be an "unfair" advantage for the cat? If we want to compare 35' boats, Fountain should cut that 3' bow pulpit off their 38 footer and run with the rest of the 35's with the same power. If they're going to beat their chest about how fast their "35 footer" goes then let's line them all up, cats too, and see who wins.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:37 PM

The Donzi 38 ZR is a 8'8" beam the 35ZR is 8'6 and the 43 ZR is 8'9"
Old 12-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Registered

Exclamation beam dim.

Originally Posted by Shanghied Again
The Donzi 38 ZR is a 8'8" beam the 35ZR is 8'6 and the 43 ZR is 8'9"
Interesting,...one of the main reasons I like oso is learning the specifics, some might say insignificant, but none the less, informative. Also, I just remembered the Outerlimits 51 is 9'-3" I believe, & the new AT 43 Outrage is 9'-3" also. BUT, Fountains are Narrow. Thanks
Old 12-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

CC Stinger you have a point. One of my experience with
"Fountain people" and dealers that they have a big issue to
tell that their boats are the best and fastest. Wich actually
is ok, i mean to be a beliver and an enthusiast is fine. Another thing is that many also has a tendense to talk **** about other
boats. In 1987 I bought a 26 Scarab Excel brand new. At the time a pretty cool boat at least in my country. Same summer i met the local Fountain dealer, who told me that I had bought
a realy ****y boat, and that Wellcraft Scarab sucs. Well I have never owned a Fountain and do not think I ever will. By the way I was very happy with my Scarab, I sold it in 1990.

Quick Reply: Test result Formula,Fountain,Donzi why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.