Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
38zr comp ? >

38zr comp ?

Notices

38zr comp ?

Old 01-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

if i could get a realistic price with my trade in i would buy one tomorrow " hint hint "
brand new 25 hour's 35 baja loaded
Old 01-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
I just read the test of the blue boat with 700s and the new hull and was very impressed. Just curious if anyone has put 1075s or something bigger in the new quad step boat. Was thinking that it should do close to 130. How is it sitting down? I have never driven a sit down boat before. Thanks Mike
Once you sit down you will never want to stand again!!! Hey we got two sit downs!!! I believe 700's are the largest they have out in the new bottom ZRC's so far. Sitting down is so comfortable running hard or at slow speeds. Plus in most sit-downs you have almost to no wind in your face in the front seats.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Once you sit down you will never want to stand again!!! Hey we got two sit downs!!! I believe 700's are the largest they have out in the new bottom ZRC's so far. Sitting down is so comfortable running hard or at slow speeds. Plus in most sit-downs you have almost to no wind in your face in the front seats.
That is what I kind of figured. What about docking? Can you stand up while you are trying to dock to fend off? Do you know how the canopies do for the rear pasengers on that boat?
Old 01-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Registered

I have never been in a comp running around but I would think they dont do much for the people in the back. For docking I usually sit on the arm of the seat so I can see better. If the need comes up that you have to fend off, just jump up and do it.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Registered

Talking Docking

There is definitly a learning curve when it comes to docking. It is very windy in our neck of the woods, so the first 3 or 4 times that I took ours out, and of course had to dock it, we had 30 to 40 mph winds. It was like playing a strategy game in those conditions, but we never hit anything , or damaged the boat. Or regular summer conditions are 12 to 15 mph winds, and those are childs play at this point. Squatting on your knees, or your feet, is how you will have to start out. If you are lucky enough to have calm conditions, then with time, sitting down will work fine. I would not sit down for my first attempt. We have the red, white, and blue, Comp ZR, that can be seen on the OSO 2007 Chicago Poker Run picture gallery.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by organizedchaos
There is definitly a learning curve when it comes to docking. It is very windy in our neck of the woods, so the first 3 or 4 times that I took ours out, and of course had to dock it, we had 30 to 40 mph winds. It was like playing a strategy game in those conditions, but we never hit anything , or damaged the boat. Or regular summer conditions are 12 to 15 mph winds, and those are childs play at this point. Squatting on your knees, or your feet, is how you will have to start out. If you are lucky enough to have calm conditions, then with time, sitting down will work fine. I would not sit down for my first attempt. We have the red, white, and blue, Comp ZR, that can be seen on the OSO 2007 Chicago Poker Run picture gallery.
Just looked at your boat, very nice looking! What power do you have in it? I figured that sitting down and docking would be tough. It would just be a learning curve. What kind of storage is on the boat? Built in cooler? I have never seen a comp in person, not really the kind of boat the local dealer would stock.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Registered

On the comp there are two storage units behind the rear seats, and then two deck hatches that lead to a ton of storage under the deck. Im not sure if there's a built in cooler. I know on the Gladiator under the rear seat in one but i dont think so on the ZRC.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Alright here are some answers, but remember I have limited time in mine so far. Chaos is exactly right on docking and just like any other 38' staggered boat it is nice to have someone on the bow if possible.
Storage is not a problem but there is no built in cooler. There are two big compartments between the rear seat and the engine hatch that accomodate all the lines and bumpers and one of those could be used as a cooler compartment. There are good areas in the gunnels to store small things and with the two large deck hatches you could fit about 50 bales of marijuanna under the deck!
Just kidding of course.
My comp was built as a race boat so nothing is finished in the bow area except for a center "shelf w/ a raised edge" that would be perfect to strap a cooler to or for luggage. Some other comps have a huge storage compartment built into there w/ an access to the bow and one comp even has a 1/4 cabin built under the deck.
As far as the canopies, they provide excelent wind protection for the front and very good for the back side seats. The center is a wind tunnel except for a few new ones I have seen with a clear wind deflector installed between the canopies.
700's are the most they have put in a quad step so far. I know they built one twin step w/ 1075' and that boat was running over 125.
If I could build a new one right now, I would install a pair of Ron Potter 777 n/a motors and #6's. That would be a bulletproof 120 mph package.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Have you guys seen any with a cushion hatch vs a fiberglass hatch? I will be in the market for one very soon. But we spend a lot of time rafted off. I don't want to loose any more room for the women to catch some rays
Old 01-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Registered

Im pretty sure they havnt made one with a cushion hatch. They've all been fiberglass. A couple Gladiators had a padded hatch but very few.

Quick Reply: 38zr comp ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.