38 ZR vs. Cigarette 36 Gladiator >

38 ZR vs. Cigarette 36 Gladiator

Notices

38 ZR vs. Cigarette 36 Gladiator

Old 10-01-2008, 07:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

[QUOTE=Von Bongo;2701731] your head my stick out the hatch while taking a deuce! QUOTE]

That is how I had to set mine up! But as the saying goes "Any port in a storm!" When you gotta go.....well.
I had mine installed after a 4+ hour idle in the Atlantic in 3-5s with no head or swim platform to stand on.....with bladders full, the bilge was looking pretty tempting. Didn't have to thank god!
Old 10-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Shanghied Again
Don't get me wrong I love the Gladiator, Cigarette is top notch in making a boat sexy and solid with a great fit and finish.
I ran a 2003 Gladiator with 525s staggered in a Poker Run, I felt very uneasy, when she got in the wash of other boats she was all over the place and at 90 felt like she was getting out of control. The open cockpit with no windshield was not a favorite to me either "You need Goggles" and the throttles being slightly behind your arms felt a little unatural, I like throttles next to me or slightly foward. I have ran in Gladiators that run 110 and when your alone with no other boats it is a blast.
The Donzi ZRC was really thought out well, I have been in several Poker Runs with one including Tom A in Sarasota. You just feel glued to the seat the canopies are definetly a plus and she just handles un-real, I ran the 700 ZRC in Sarasota Poker Run 2 years ago and thats what really made a believer out of me running in the Gulf with 3-5s at 100+ Mph was a ride I will never forget Gene from Donzi on the sticks and me at the wheel, There were not to many boats that were catching us in the Gulf that year
When running in the wakes of other boats is always a challenge in whatever you are piloting. I am sure if anyone watches footage from offshore racing they will notice how challenging it is to run directly behind someone especially in turns. I know you as well as a lot of people that have been on poker runs have experienced this.

I do agree the ergonomics of the throttles on the Gladiator need to be improved. I did sit in a ZRC at the Miami Show last February and the throttle location did feel more comfortable.

I look forward to see how the latest Gladiator coming out will run with the 700/NXT package will run. The #6 Props will make a BIG difference in handling over the bravo style props as you know having ridden in ZRC's with both style wheels. I agree with you guys that the Donzi will have the edge in top speed but I do think it will be close.

Once again, both great boats!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ktron
When running in the wakes of other boats is always a challenge in whatever you are piloting. I am sure if anyone watches footage from offshore racing they will notice how challenging it is to run directly behind someone especially in turns. I know you as well as a lot of people that have been on poker runs have experienced this.

I do agree the ergonomics of the throttles on the Gladiator need to be improved. I did sit in a ZRC at the Miami Show last February and the throttle location did feel more comfortable.

I look forward to see how the latest Gladiator coming out will run with the 700/NXT package will run. The #6 Props will make a BIG difference in handling over the bravo style props as you know having ridden in ZRC's with both style wheels. I agree with you guys that the Donzi will have the edge in top speed but I do think it will be close.

Once again, both great boats!
I have drove both 525s with 15X30 Herings on XR Mercs and the 700 NXT package with 17.5X30 Mercury Racing Props.
There is a big difference between the two. The 525 package is nimble but light has better mid range to top end.
The 700 NXTs gets on plane fast actually you have to idle with 1 engine the boat at 700 rpms will almost due 7-10mph on both engines. I don't like the mid range from 50 up it seems like it takes longer to get to 115, but no matter what 700 boat I have drove its the same. The one thing I do like is the extra weight on a staggered set up with the 700s the boat takes rough water better then the 525 package and the Gladiator should work well with the 700s.