Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
38ZR Comp sold for under $83K.....any more out there?? >

38ZR Comp sold for under $83K.....any more out there??

Notices

38ZR Comp sold for under $83K.....any more out there??

Old 12-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

these prices are the market... sorry
Old 12-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Registered

03 glad sold on ebay for 110k
Old 12-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Registered

i think there is another race/pleasure out there
Old 01-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are out there, Just looked at one for 125k I offered 75k. He said he owes 85-86 on it. I told him the most I would pay is pay off, He's thinking about it. It's going to suck for a lot of dealers out there that stole the boats for that much 12-15 months ago thinking they would just sit on it and wait for top dollar. Now with the economy in the $hitter and will be for the next 5 years at least those boats arnt going to be worth a dime when they are 11-12-14 years old.

Seems a lot of people on this board don't get it on the fact that a boat is a toy and if you can't pay for your house or put food on the table you unload for what you need to get out of it. Then THAT is what they are worth.

I love a high end boat as much as the next guy and they are awesome to look at drive and have but when you see a mil.for the price they are not only making 25% over build cost more like 60%. I have seen the way the owners of those companies live and it ain't pay check to pay check. The workers in the plants for the most part are immigrants so we know labor cost is down from what it would cost to employ pretty much anybody thats a member on here. Maybe when it's all over and people just want to be able to make a living doing what they love( build boats) you will be able to buy it for what it should cost 35% more than it cost to build. Maybe everybody wont be as greedy as they have been. But I doubt it.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I agree with you Lapse and Dreamer, all I am saying is that a lot of boats that are being sold at fire sale prices may cost you down the road. do your homework on the boat because there are a few out there that aren't even worth 85k in this market.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Registered

ferrari boat going for 145k at repo... deal is done.... wtf is the buyer thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ignorance about how their system works...he saw 145k min bid offered that and they took it... meanwhile last week and 06 36 pantera w/525s went in the mid 60s!!!!!!!!!!!! min bid 135
Old 01-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
Seems a lot of people on this board don't get it on the fact that a boat is a toy and if you can't pay for your house or put food on the table you unload for what you need to get out of it. Then THAT is what they are worth.

I love a high end boat as much as the next guy and they are awesome to look at drive and have but when you see a mil.for the price they are not only making 25% over build cost more like 60%. I have seen the way the owners of those companies live and it ain't pay check to pay check. The workers in the plants for the most part are immigrants so we know labor cost is down from what it would cost to employ pretty much anybody thats a member on here. Maybe when it's all over and people just want to be able to make a living doing what they love( build boats) you will be able to buy it for what it should cost 35% more than it cost to build. Maybe everybody wont be as greedy as they have been. But I doubt it.
well said!
Old 01-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer
ferrari boat going for 145k at repo... deal is done.... wtf is the buyer thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ignorance about how their system works...he saw 145k min bid offered that and they took it... meanwhile last week and 06 36 pantera w/525s went in the mid 60s!!!!!!!!!!!! min bid 135

Incredible. I was speaking with one of the guys at Nat Liq a few weeks ago and he agreed that $145K was steep for that boat and he figured buyers wouldn't start to show up until the bank dropped it to around $125k - and this genius offers the full $145k?

I guess the deal hinges on him getting financing for half of it so maybe the bank will show more fiscal restraint than the buyer.

Last edited by Marginmn; 01-13-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Registered

Wait an 06 Pantera 36 sold for mid 60's? Wow, how do I get to hear about these deals?
Old 01-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Registered

And that ZRC had 575 sci's I would have been all over that boat if it had 525's or better big power that would make it worth the need for 92 oct. fuel. The 575's seem to be a deal breaker on a lot of boats, at least for people that know better.

Quick Reply: 38ZR Comp sold for under $83K.....any more out there??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.