Donzi 27ZR >

Donzi 27ZR

Notices

Donzi 27ZR

Old 01-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Donzi 27ZR

How would this boat fair in open ocean? Would it beat me up? Is is a calm day boat in the ocean? Would love the 35 but cant afford it. Also like the Baja 30 or Sunsation 32. Anybody know what these 27ZR's are like in big water? (swells)
Old 01-16-2009, 07:17 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

I've been a fan of the boat since it came out. One is for sale locally and it appears they are not selling very well. I like the boat and the styling. The drivers seat fits me like a glove but my wife was not happy with the passenger seat location and the small (no headroom) cabin. I was dissappointed with the poor clearcoat work over the "ZR" on the hull sides. However overall I really like the boats and was told they ride very well in the choppy stuff but I have never ridden in one for myself. I was hoping to get more feedback from owners as well but I do not think there are any here on OSO.
Attached Thumbnails Donzi 27ZR-jackson-marine-boat-show.-004-medium-.jpg   Donzi 27ZR-jackson-marine-boat-show.-005-medium-.jpg   Donzi 27ZR-jackson-marine-boat-show.-003.jpg  

Old 01-16-2009, 07:24 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

I am still working on my wife. I keep telling her she looks good on the ZR but she seems to favor the 288 Sunsation which she feels more comfortable in. I was surprised the 27 ZR had more cockpit room than I expected.

Keep us posted if you decide on a 27 ZR and how it rides.
Attached Thumbnails Donzi 27ZR-jackson-marine-boat-show.-009-medium-.jpg   Donzi 27ZR-jackson-marine-boat-show.-010-medium-.jpg   Donzi 27ZR-jackson-marine-boat-show.-002-medium-.jpg  

Old 01-16-2009, 11:54 PM
Registered

Default Thanks for the pictures

I see what you mean by no headroom. It appears that your wife is either really tall or basically you cant even sit in those couch chairs in the cabin.
Thats a bummer because I like that boat but if the cabin is useless than I cant get it.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:18 AM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

She is 5'5" and yes the cabin is basically useless. On the up side my 8 year old fit in the cabin perfectly.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:32 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

from the rubrail down they are great, but from there up it didn't seem to work out ergonomically as planned.... just my .02
Old 01-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
from the rubrail down they are great, but from there up it didn't seem to work out ergonomically as planned.... just my .02
Thats why I like my ZX. It just takes a bunch of power
Old 01-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are a good boat, but I also wanted a bit more space & freeboard. Thats why we got one of the last 26zx's... However if the lower freeboard & cabin with lower ceiling doesnt bother you much (example you dont use the cabin or want a cabin) then it really shouldnt matter. Also the Zx is a bit heavier than the zr so the zr's are typically a little faster with the same stock power.. Either will respond with adding boost if speed is you concern though.. Jamie
Old 01-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LAKESIDE RESTORATIONS
They are a good boat, but I also wanted a bit more space & freeboard. Thats why we got one of the last 26zx's... However if the lower freeboard & cabin with lower ceiling doesnt bother you much (example you dont use the cabin or want a cabin) then it really shouldnt matter. Also the Zx is a bit heavier than the zr so the zr's are typically a little faster with the same stock power.. Either will respond with adding boost if speed is you concern though.. Jamie
The extra cabin comes in handy

I think that the ZR is a pretty boat but love my ZX. There are some great deals around. Go buy a ZX. Then take it to Jamie here and you will have the best of both worlds. A roomy boat that goes fast. They run well in the rough water for a sport boat.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
The extra cabin comes in handy

I think that the ZR is a pretty boat but love my ZX. There are some great deals around. Go buy a ZX. Then take it to Jamie here and you will have the best of both worlds. A roomy boat that goes fast. They run well in the rough water for a sport boat.

Thanks.. & True that.. I wish I could have more time to run mine.. Jamie / Lakeside

Quick Reply: Donzi 27ZR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.