Looking at buying a Donzi 22zx >

Looking at buying a Donzi 22zx

Notices

Looking at buying a Donzi 22zx

Old 06-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at buying a Donzi 22zx

Always been a big fan of Donzi, but never owned one. i now have a Celebrity Starfire 21' with the CC. It has the 454 in it with the bravo 3 out drive. It is a '96 model and a handful to drive at high speed. I am looking at a 2003 Donzi. It has the 350 in it with a procharger on it. i do have 2 small children that use the cc some for the afternoon naps. I'm not use to having a large cc now, mine is really just the floor with a mat on it, but it is good for storage. Will this be a lot different than what I have now? I don't really want much larger right now due to the fact we tow the boat back and forth everyday and go to lake often that are around 75-100 miles away so this size is easy to tow. Also i've noticed a lot of you guys taliing about the procharger, is that factory or did he install it aftermarket? and lastly with around 200hrs on it what should it be worth? I cant find enough of them for sale to compare prices. Thanks and i hope to be a regular on here for now on
Old 06-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Registered

I own a 2002 22zx,great lake boat good luck.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The 22ZX is a good boat.

The blower is not a factory option but should wake it up nicely. I have not a clue on the price
Old 06-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Registered

I owned a 1998 22Daytona with a 502 in it. At high speeds it has a tendency to chine wlak alitte. Other than that it was a fun boat to drive.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Registered

I have admired Donzi's for the last 30 years. A couple of weeks ago, I put an ad on Craigslist .. Wanted to buy 19-22 speedboat. I listed several makes, Donzi being the first and I got a response from an original owner, who was thinking about selling, he wasn't using it, didn't have the time to deal with selling it and responded to the ad. To make a long story short, I now have a very nice boat. We are in California, which is not quite the Donzi Capitol of the world.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Registered

I am not in the Donzi capitol either. I boat on the Mississippi River in Iowa, and around here it is Baja country.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:10 PM
Registered

This was kind of unique. It originally had a 315HP BB and was replaced with a a 496 HO. Needless to say for a 22' boat, it is not under powered. I have only put a couple of hours on it, but so far, so good.