Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
35 ZR Improvements/Fixes >

35 ZR Improvements/Fixes

Notices

35 ZR Improvements/Fixes

Old 08-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ours is outdoors with just a cockpit cover. I think the drain is there for all the wet stuff that goes in there (ie. wet anchor line). Go over to Donzi.net or Donzi.org and post it over there, since we are to cheap be members here the pictures that is.

tom
Old 09-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, an update on the water / condensation and resultant navigational light failures: they failed again. So, this time: I coiled the anchor line, and laid it on top of the anchor, so it won't soak in and absorb and hold water that I really want to have drain out the drain!! Stay tuned for the next chapter in this less-than-perfect design. PS: I still love the boat !! Oh, BTW, new discovery: when you throw out the anchor, the line gets tangled with the navigational light wires and rips out the wires. I asked my 38 ZR buddy if he had any trouble with his anchor locker area, and he said "I took the anchor out of the locker because the line kept tearing out my Nav light wiring". My 28ZR buddy just got stopped by the cops for no nav light on one side and sure enough - corrosion city. All just FYI guys, as this boat still "Rocks the bay"
Old 09-29-2010, 08:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RumBlur
OK, an update on the water / condensation and resultant navigational light failures: they failed again. So, this time: I coiled the anchor line, and laid it on top of the anchor, so it won't soak in and absorb and hold water that I really want to have drain out the drain!! Stay tuned for the next chapter in this less-than-perfect design. PS: I still love the boat !! Oh, BTW, new discovery: when you throw out the anchor, the line gets tangled with the navigational light wires and rips out the wires. I asked my 38 ZR buddy if he had any trouble with his anchor locker area, and he said "I took the anchor out of the locker because the line kept tearing out my Nav light wiring". My 28ZR buddy just got stopped by the cops for no nav light on one side and sure enough - corrosion city. All just FYI guys, as this boat still "Rocks the bay"
you do not need to take the anchor out,just dont put the rope in the locker,keep it in the cockpit.thats what i have been doing,have not had any more problems,awesome boat.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Registered

Hmmm, another great idea - a quick snap to the anchor and you're good to go. Thanks, I'll try it.