Blew By BAJA >

Blew By BAJA

Notices

Blew By BAJA

Old 06-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bryan,

Your boat runs 89.1. Mine runs 103. I don't feel spanked. I hope that the 32 is faster in big water than my 26. It should.

I do it on one engine and my numbers are real. Both dyno and GPS.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joey you need to lets this thread go. You seam to be missing the point to our posts..... you are bashing all Baja's with this thread and we are going to fight back. Either one of my Baja's will kick your ass in the rough my 32 will kick it anywhere you want it. Of coarse your Donzi will be faster with the same power its much smaller and lighter than a simular size Baja. I have been on OSO for nearly 10 years and I have never posted or started a thread that I beat anybodies boat but in this thread. So what you beat a stock Baja, brag about to someone who cares or does not understand.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I got a friend building a big block turbo for his 65mph donzi 22 cause us bajas where always blowing by him haahaa oh boy but its true he will have 2000 hp going in a 22 when done it has a arneson drive on it already but if he uses more than 1000 hp he will blow it. a client of mine from nantucket bought a new 29 donzi back in the day, his kid would bring the donzi back from ocean running busted to chit every other time out, he said dad I told you we need a cig bullit so the old man bought a 38 tg. me and my 650hp baja never lost a run against any donzis even the cc . well instead of putting 1200hp in mine I looked at other boats and went with a real custom boat a saber 28 with a konrad ace drive speed will be around a 100 or more. at the boat shows the donzi 26 or 27 was maybe 10 grand more than a baja 25 or now 26. my 24 has been raced apba and run for18yrs in the ocean it was a handlaid up boat no chopper guns, colors were done by gel not paint and stickers like you guys. anyone in the cape cod or RI area this aug or fall if you can beat me I'll buy lunch. so there still both production boats that are priced close with same power. as soon as we hit 3 or 4 footers I will leave my friends 2000hp donzi in my wake just as brian 41 will do to you with his 32 so whats your top speed if he is mid 90s what do you have for gps ? oh that 2000hp donzi will most likely pull away from our friends turbine 46 skater in the flat water well maybe not haaha. go have fun beating us baja guys I laughed for many years doing it to others here on the cape with even bigger boats. go gettem brian with the 24 the 2'' shortie made mine fly level and put abulkhead where the back seat is and one at the cabin it so its like the 25ol and 26ol. art
Lot's of quoteable stuff in that one,
Old 06-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
Bryan,

Your boat runs 89.1. Mine runs 103. I don't feel spanked. I hope that the 32 is faster in big water than my 26. It should.

I do it on one engine and my numbers are real. Both dyno and GPS.
This thread is not about you and me its about somebody that wants to brag about beating a stock boat. Yes you would not stand a chance in the rough and your weight is also about half mine. I did not question your speed or HP I questioned Joey's and still do from his Dyno sheet there is not enough info to prove the numbers provided are accurate.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
Lot's of quoteable stuff in that one,
Got to give Artie a break
Old 06-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Banned

ZXXX if you go to the Donzi site you see that I defend Bajas with as much passion as I do here.......better boats than they get credit for.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Numbers don't lie. If you don't believe them then call MArk at Precision Marine, the number is on the dyno sheet. Ask him he he dynoed a 540 with a procharger with 5psi of boost for a guy in Iowa last August, I would have to say that he will tell you yes and that the sheet is real. Once again read the post it was 2 boats, 1 stock and 1 with a blower. I did not start the bashing if you read the beginning, I simply stated that I was out playing with my friends and that I blew by them, I even stated that the boats were not apples to apples,, but when everyone around you breathes BAJA, it is always fun to go by them in something else.

Go back and look at all the posts that I did last year, they will tell what I did to the boat and motor, if you still don't believe, well then come to Iowa and I will show you.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:26 AM
Banned

I did not say that your engine does not make the HP stated. I said that the sheet did not provide enough information to verify the numbers. What were the BSFC numbers? What correction factor was used? If it had both actual and corrected numbers we could get some kind of idea about his correction factor.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by brian41
ZXXX if you go to the Donzi site you see that I defend Bajas with as much passion as I do here.......better boats than they get credit for.
No biggie. I like to joke on Baja's and Fountains just like chevy guys like to joke on Ford and Chrystler guys. At the end of the day, JOKE is the operable word. All good sports should be able to joke around.

I have no problem with Baja's or Fountains. I have friends that own both and have had lot's of fun with them.

I was disputing the "make my boat look like it tied to the dock" theme. I run down here in Tn. Not too many 4 footers around so my boat does what it does well. "In the rough" is not really important to me down here. To some extent it would be like me using my Chris as a comparison. Ok, so maybe it won't run faster than your Baja on normal conditions but if we have to carry 30 people, I can beat you any day. That would not really be an applicable comment now would it.

For the record, I don't go looking for stock boats to dust off. That being said, if someone in a 496 boat named "Blew By You" comes up and wants to run, I will run with him for a little bit and then......the rest is history.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brian41
He was able to do a walk through of the factory and he told me that on his tour there were 2 Mexicans doing a transom cutout. Mexican 1 stood back as Mexican 2 held the drilling jig and Mexican 1 said that looks good to me. Most likely the reason his drive was mounted on an angle on his boat along with most of the rigging on his transom. I have done several walk through's at the Baja factory and dam if I did not see 1 Mexican just good old American Ohio hard working people building a very good product. Get off your high horse and and quit bashing a brand you know nothing about...... make that 2 brands yours and mine.
Hey, You go to Florida much? Those are Cubans, not Mexicans. You should have called Carl out on that.

You don't have to read to far down in the Baja section of this site to find the known problems of the 'lined' hulls when the guy is asking about the price variations on the 30 Outlaws. My buddy just had his stringers redone in his '96 30' sst, a customer of mine had to have his redone in his '04 302. We can sling mud all we want, but I feel bad for my friends having to spend all this money on something that should have done right the first time.

I understand Joey's spot, and I am surrounded by Baja's as well. There is not a problem until some douche bag comes up to me at a sandbar and wants to start talkin schit about my boat, then the gloves are off!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.