Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
Blew By BAJA >

Blew By BAJA

Notices

Blew By BAJA

Old 06-21-2010, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found out that the 540 is stock either. Cam is upgraded and the heads have had work done as well. Just an update
Old 06-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by donzi-joey
I highly doubt that a Baja 650HP would out run a Donzi with the same HP. I would put it up against mine or ZXXX and would guess that it would lose. What speed are you getting out of it? I would guess with 650HP you might be in the high 70's to low 80's
my 88 has the 650hp did mid 80s had a 2'' shortie it was a great boat beat the chit out of it in the ocean for 16yrs before I found a spot on the bilge bulkhead so I took it a part and I think it was built pretty good, I was putting a konrad and 1100hp motor in it but came across a deal on the Saber which is a work of art, that was said by a guy who reglassed the exhaust and gimbal area for me he has 40 yrs of working up in maine on custom boats. he said what ever co built this boat did it for the love of boats. glass work is unreal wiring perfect its like looking a apache all wiring is on boards and cables wires run in pvc tubes like on cigs apaches. so this will be done soon. then I will put the baja back together the same way more power, butafter seeing that brand new 29 donzi over nantucket fall a part and those crossbow 31s or 33s were pretty bad. with baja the liner boats didn't work a 100% but theres a super high end custom builder doing something very close to what baja did but they use apoxy. and it has no stringers been to there shop a lot over the years. my baja did well for a 22yr old boat I wanted to update it but it surpised a lot of my size and bigger boats my saber should do the same there known for rough water running and on paper it should run a 100 to 115 depends on how good a job I did on the x, but I can't wait to see my friends turbo 22 run with 2000hp. have fun guys oh my fav donzi's are the 18 I want one to stick my 650hp motor in and the 38zrc, I was a big fan of the osg P1 race boat
Old 06-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by brian41
Got to give Artie a break
haaha yah I still am phucked up haha, hope 2 more operations this fall will fix things for a while. Brians right it sounds funny that you have 850 hp and you beat these guys with 540, and 502 with small blower both running what 550 to 600hp. oh its true about the turbo motor the guy ken from down the st from me is building it. I forget his oso name. Brian great job on the lil Donzi looks cool. later guys getting ready to ship out to Gellners this week to see what that blown 572 is doing on the dyno shooting for 1150hp