Buying an 89 ragazza?

Notices

Buying an 89 ragazza?

Old 06-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying an 89 ragazza?

Hi all,

I am thinking about buying an 89 ragazza. It has a 350 long block with OMC cobra outdrive.

The guy that has it doesn't know too much about boats. I know some but not a bunch. He told me (and I looked over his marina receipts) that he bought the boat with a blown engine and found a decent price on a remand 350 long block and OMC cobra outdrive so he just went that route.

Looking at the engine I'm pretty sure they used whatever parts were still good on the old engine because not all of it looks new. From what I can tell they re used the risers, pulleys, and valve covers. The carb looks really good and clean but I'm not sure if they used a new one or just cleaned the old one.

One if his receipts it says "Customer supplied complete long block to install." and the same thing about the outdrive.

The boat is in overall good condition. The hull and interior are really good. The only thing i noticed in the interior is the head liner in the cabin (if that's what it's called) needs replaced but I figured I could find a good material and use 3M adhesive spray and make it look like new.

He said he has a 15 pitch prop on it and it does around 40. He said he doesn't push it so he doesn't know what it will max out at. He said with a 17 pitch prop it should do 50-55.

I'm not sure but shouldn't the boat easily do 40 with it being obvious there is a good bit left even with the 15 pitch prop on it?

Anything I should look out for on this boat?

I am bringing a friend of mine that works at a marina hopefully sat to check it out before I buy it just in case. The seller gave me the marinas phone number to call and said they would talk to me about the work they did so I'm gonna call them tom.

Any help and suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 07-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Worst Donzi ever made, it is basically just a family boat, no performance.

Post this over at www.donzi.net, and see what they have to say.