Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
How many ZR Competitions have been built? >

How many ZR Competitions have been built?

Notices

How many ZR Competitions have been built?

Old 11-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many ZR Competitions have been built?

I'm trying to decide if I want to move into a sit down boat.

Last edited by Ona-Mission; 11-07-2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I am not sure how many have been built. The largest grouping seems to be the 2002-2004 range when they were dominating the F-2 class. I am pretty sure 2007 is when they introduced the quad step. There is a slight difference between the two boats. I have a 2003 Comp. and I can tell you, if you don't mind not having a cabin, you will not find a better handling v bottom....period. I have been in the quad step Comps. and they are a tick faster in the calm water but do seem to give up a little handling. My boat turns like it is on rails, flies straight off any wave and accelerates like a demon. All you have to do is look to the P1 racing in Europe. Team 26 has the sister to my boat, a 2003 Comp. and last year dominated the circuit and just last weekend set a new divisional world record. Not bad for a 7 year old boat.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

I sat in the orange one and thought the cockpit was tight and I am 5'11/ 180. Maybe you just get used to it but I was shocked when I got behind the wheel. Maybe when I think sit down my mind thinks of cats with the wide beam/large amount of cockpit space between rows.

But both the red 700 one Pier 57 had and the blue/white one Shogren had were awesome machines for very reasonable prices....
Old 11-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I sat in the orange one and thought the cockpit was tight and I am 5'11/ 180. Maybe you just get used to it but I was shocked when I got behind the wheel. Maybe when I think sit down my mind thinks of cats with the wide beam/large amount of cockpit space between rows.

But both the red 700 one Pier 57 had and the blue/white one Shogren had were awesome machines for very reasonable prices....
Mine has a ton of room, more than most, but I think it has to do with the way it was converted from a race to a pleasure boat. She is getting a whole new interior, paint, and thru transom exhaust. Should be done in a month or so. Cannot wait.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

I am 5'10" 300 on a small day and I feel great in mine. I can see how someone coming from a stand up boat sees the cockpit as tight as there is no walk around room. As for the front seats, the foot rest adjusts to whatever height you are and there is plenty of shoulder room. You have to slide into the seats because they wrap around your legs but boy does that give you a secure locked in place feel.
Yes the cats have a more open feel but I rode in two Gladiators before buying my Comp. and they had far less room than the Comp. The back seat in the Glad., being a bench, has a more open feel but it is also very exposed (low freeboard and minimal wind protection) and very upright almost to the point of being uncomfortable.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of these days I'd like to find the all white ZRC that was used in the early model promo video and photo shoots.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
but I rode in two Gladiators before buying my Comp. and they had far less room than the Comp. .
What?? Maybe you didn't see the spiral staircase to the lower cabin?
Old 11-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would guess 25-30 total built,great handling boat the boat turns awesome and can really handle the rough stuff
Old 11-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by pm203
What?? Maybe you didn't see the spiral staircase to the lower cabin?
They must not have had that special Lip-Ship addition!
Old 11-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
They must not have had that special Lip-Ship addition!
HaHa!! Us sit-down V-guys gotta stick together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.