zr 27 questions >

zr 27 questions

Notices

zr 27 questions

Old 11-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zr 27 questions

i just purchased a 08 zr 27 from shogren marine.great guys by the way..but i have a couple of questions they did nt have answers for.
first off it has the standard 496 ho with x drive.
under the motor is a bal valve about 1 inch maybe 1 1/4 that at this time is open, and exits the bottom of the boat or maybe intakes.the line from the valve goes into a hole in the motor bay and disapears..what is it,should it be open or closed

it seems i have a place to plug in shore power??? is there a power inverter i havent found yet..

does it normally take both battery to raise the motor hatch.

thing that my old baja did nt have

thanks
Old 11-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Registered

The ball valve should stay open, it is just a suction release for the notched transom. Allows the boat to get on plane easier. If the boat has shore power, it should have a panel to switch between power sources. And you should be able to open the hatch on just one battery.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:09 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

The power source is more than likely just a battery charger. Probably mounted behind the passenger seats in the engine compartment. You basically plug in and it charges. No switches, etc. It is a nice feature to keep the batteries topped off.

A couple guys have said the hose is for the notched transom, but another traced it down to the head. I'd look to see where it goes for yourself.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Registered

The head is just a Porta Potti. No hook up.

The valve in the engine bay runs from the notch up to the air outlet on the port side of the transom above the swim platform. It relieves the air pressure that builds up in the notch from the steps pumping air in. Keeps the stern from bouncing from air build up. They figured out that there was no place for all that air to go & it was causing the stern to lift to relieve the pressure. Felt like bow porpoising but it was actually the stern.

I've had mine four years now. Great boats! Enjoy it!
Old 11-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Registered

A couple guys have said the hose is for the notched transom, but another traced it down to the head. I'd look to see where it goes for yourself.[/QUOTE]

yes the valves do vent the notched transom,and the hoses lead to the dumps on the side of the boat,next to the rear bildge dump,and opposite side.they just basicly release the air that gets trapped under the notch when the boat is tryin to plane out (great feature).Next time you are out Try shutting the valves so you can see what they do,you will notice the difference getting on plane.

LOUIE.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
The power source is more than likely just a battery charger. Probably mounted behind the passenger seats in the engine compartment. You basically plug in and it charges. No switches, etc. It is a nice feature to keep the batteries topped off.

A couple guys have said the hose is for the notched transom, but another traced it down to the head. I'd look to see where it goes for yourself.
thanks for the battery charger info..i was looking to purchase and install one..glad i ask
Old 11-21-2010, 07:51 AM
Registered

i found the exit point for the hose and yes it goes up to the swim platform..thanks again to everyone

i going to have to dig into this electrical..my hatch will not open with out all 3 switch in the on position. and is it normal for them not to raise evenly..along the line of elec.i noticed a amp breaker in the elec. panel. any one used it to put in there stereo systems.im sure its not rated for 60 amps

Last edited by 450RRRR; 11-21-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 450RRRR
i found the exit point for the hose and yes it goes up to the swim platform..thanks again to everyone

i going to have to dig into this electrical..my hatch will not open with out all 3 switch in the on position. and is it normal for them not to raise evenly..along the line of elec.i noticed a amp breaker in the elec. panel. any one used it to put in there stereo systems.im sure its not rated for 60 amps
What does your panel look like? Mine has two battery switches, one for each engine. I'd imagine the 27 only having one switch, two batteries.

The wiring seems to be a crap shoot from what I can tell. Depends on who rigged your boat / what day of the week it was. Mine is setup where some components are on one side, others on the other. Can't really tell what the reasoning is, and I have yet to find a good wiring diagram or other info.