props turn in? >

props turn in?

Notices

props turn in?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default props turn in?

so the donzi 33zx have props that turn in..What are they talking about? turn in vs turn out? sorry if its a dumb question but i never had a twin screw and trying to understand a few things before i pick one up. thanks
Old 03-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by prostock3
so the donzi 33zx have props that turn in..What are they talking about? turn in vs turn out? sorry if its a dumb question but i never had a twin screw and trying to understand a few things before i pick one up. thanks
I asked the same thing a few weeks ago and there is a long thread about this if you search it. You have two props and they are spinning inward toward the center of your transom as opposed as spinning out toward the outside edges of your boat. I hope that helps. Be ready for many different answers and opinion about this subject as you can see if you go back to my question. My suggestion is leave them alone for now.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what it sounds like its very hard to dock a boat...but if its like docking a single engine boat then ill be fine
Old 03-31-2011, 12:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

It is slightly harder to dock a boat with inward spinning props but even more so with them staggered. Compared to a single 28', it is so much easier to dock with twins. I went from a single 29' Kryptonite to my 38ZrComp. and let me tell you, I can swing that boat into spots smaller than I could with the Krypt. You can compensate for wind and tide by adding throttle to the reverse engine and spin it on a dime with a little practice. With my 29, I would have to pre-plan for wind and tide before even attempting a slip entry and backing in was brutal. Now it is so much easier.