Anyone put a swim plat on a 35 or 38 ZR >

Anyone put a swim plat on a 35 or 38 ZR

Notices

Anyone put a swim plat on a 35 or 38 ZR

Old 12-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by P-Rob
Josh, not sure what Randy Vance wrote but I will be ordering one for the 43 ZR this winter, if it's at the same levell or a little lower than the molded platform what's the issue.

P Rob
Randy's a good guy. He and I had to work out quite a few logistics to bring him, the boat, the helicopter and photographer all together to make the story happen. In the end, our boat was on the cover and the review was very positive. The magazine's boat tests are formatted so that a couple bullet point "highs" and "lows" are given. Platform height was given as one of the 35 ZR Open's "lows," but it was really just an afterthought. Still, after the story came out I emailed Randy and kidded him that if that's all he could gripe about, then he must have really liked the boat!

Here's the story: http://www.boatingmag.com/boats/spor...35-zr?page=0,1

The extended platform is pretty much level with the molded platform, and with the four-step ladder (longer than the standard 3-step ladder used on the ZRs) there's no issue with boarding. Let us know when you're ready and we'll be happy to build you one. They typically take about four weeks to make in any of the standard Donzi colors like red, white, black, blue, silver, etc. However, if we have to have the powdercoat specially formulated to match a boat with a custom paint color, it can lengthen the process by a few weeks. Feel free to call or email with any questions!

Josh
Old 12-26-2011, 01:13 PM
Registered

The fast boats website has white 43zr with a swim platform. The platform looks preety cool in the pictures. Makes boarding over those props a lot less dangerous.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Registered

Got mine on late last summer and love it.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone put a swim plat on a 35 or 38 ZR-2011-10-09_07-38-40_714.jpg   Anyone put a swim plat on a 35 or 38 ZR-image.jpg   Anyone put a swim plat on a 35 or 38 ZR-photo.jpg  

Old 02-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Registered

Hey Myk., can I get a shout out on who installed that.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Registered

American Express

Sure thing, Trever at Legendary Marine did all the leg work and had it painted to match the boat. It really changes the look of the boat and better yet its usable. Thanks guys for a great install.

Now finish up with my motors already...

Legendary Marine is set up to do anything you need/require with your boat. I have been using them for the last few yrs. Trever is great to work with..

Last edited by Mykalvballer; 02-28-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DonziDirect.Com
"That was from Randy Vance's review in Boating Magazine. "

Josh
From the article and my personal experience. I've never complained that a platform was too low. As an able adult I don't personally care... But put the family on board and platform height becomes an issue no matter how great the ladder is.

Try deep water boarding with an infant-5 year old and get back to me. Height becomes a factor in getting in (you can't just sit them on the edge because it's too high in the air once you are in) and getting out (it's freaking impossible to pass the kid to another adult on board in deep water because they are too high).

It also affects older people in similar ways. making the final step for less than limber people is always going to be easier and they will have more confidence if they are lower or still in the water.

The bottom line is there is a reason why family friendly boats have pushed the platforms lower and lower. And in many cases on larger boats the platform has a lift to get it completely in the water. It makes boating more simple and more fun.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Cool Gave Josh the order

We decided to go ahead and give the order to Donzi Direct. Josh was very helpfull and keeps in communication, looking forward to installing it, this should make it easier for the ladies to board rather than using outdrives to stand on. When I get the posting of pics figured out I will post some before and after shots.

P Rob
Old 03-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Registered

Just got ours installed that we purchased from Donzi direct. Clip that holds ladder in will be re-worked, but other than that no complaints.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Cool Prep work

IN25, flip me your cell number, have a couple questions on the installation.

P Rob
Old 03-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Cool Delivery

IN25, how long from placing order to receiving?

Ours is still in build,

P Rob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.