Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 28 zx good?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o40767-en.html

What do you think of this boat ?
Old 08-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Registered

Good looking boat and the price is not that bad either.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by donzi-joey
Good looking boat and the price is not that bad either.
Yeah, it seems cheap compareds to others I have seen. Have to call on the hours and other info .

Is this the common engine package with this hull? What kind of speeds and handling for Lake Michigan?

How is the cabin for 2 people to overnight?

Guess I am looking for some Pros/Cons of this hull. I have not looked at Donzis but this one looked clean.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Registered

If you arent the one who bought it your too late.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Donzi Dude
If you arent the one who bought it your too late.
Yep , saw that. Guess is was not meant to be.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Registered

I think that was the boat I saw on the shoulder of highway 41 in wisconsin saturday mourning. The boat was being towed by a land rover.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smoker62
Yeah, it seems cheap compareds to others I have seen. Have to call on the hours and other info .

Is this the common engine package with this hull? What kind of speeds and handling for Lake Michigan?

How is the cabin for 2 people to overnight?

Guess I am looking for some Pros/Cons of this hull. I have not looked at Donzis but this one looked clean.
well, fwiw, if you ever look at another one, here's my too sense: Love the way it drives and handles turns (never spun mine out or cavitated), common engine set up with the twin 350's (can expect a solid 70-72 top end on gps), very fuel efficient (92 miles on 33 gallons (87 octane) with varying speeds), and my wife and I have spent a number of nights on her out at Put In Bay (wish it had a separate head), fairly comfortable for a 28'er. She handled 4'-6' reasonably well, 2'-3' not a problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3no8MNDKPGk

tom
Old 08-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FISHIN SUCKS
well, fwiw, if you ever look at another one, here's my too sense: Love the way it drives and handles turns (never spun mine out or cavitated), common engine set up with the twin 350's (can expect a solid 70-72 top end on gps), very fuel efficient (92 miles on 33 gallons (87 octane) with varying speeds), and my wife and I have spent a number of nights on her out at Put In Bay (wish it had a separate head), fairly comfortable for a 28'er. She handled 4'-6' reasonably well, 2'-3' not a problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3no8MNDKPGk

tom
Thanks , good info. I got 50 k cash right now and am looking for a 28-32 twin with a decent cabin.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smoker62
Thanks , good info. I got 50 k cash right now and am looking for a 28-32 twin with a decent cabin.
U welcome. Others have said, and I may agree to an extent, that the cabin is not the flashiest you will find in the 28' range. It suits us just fine, I'm 6'4" and wife is 5'4.5" and we're comfortable and not cramped or chlosterphobic. Definitely Love the twins!!! She's got a big boat feel without havin to tow a big boat. For 50k you should be able to find a good deal out there. I'd sell you ours but we're still to busy enjoyin her.......look me up in 5 years

Back in June I was in Plover, WI, to see a distributor of mine and took a quick trip over to Lake Winnebago to check it out. There was a dealer there on the south end of the lake (I think) with a white/red stripes and Checkerboard Graphics Scorpion ZX in the showroom. Not sure how much they want, but that boat new was good for 80-84mph. Might be worth a look if you havent already seen her (noticed you're in WI). Good luck in your search,

tom
Old 08-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Registered

The checkered graphic boat is at sweetwater marina in oshkosh wisconsin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.