Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
26zx or 28zx >

26zx or 28zx

Notices

26zx or 28zx

Old 10-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vette's got it right, I'm about 3 mpg. My example story is the same round trip run on Lake Cumberland we do every year, approximately 92 miles roundtrip, cruise about 55, some 70ish spurts, about 8-10 stop n go's, 33 gallons. on our old 24' Donzi Blackwidow single Big block, cruised about 45-50, 60ish spurts, 46 gallons.

Call it what you want, but I think that is great fuel economy for a 28' boat and those kinds of speeds and driving.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not bad at all for a boat with twins! I'm assuming its the hull that makes the boat more efficient than others in the same class/length
Old 10-26-2011, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaDream07
Not bad at all for a boat with twins! I'm assuming its the hull that makes the boat more efficient than others in the same class/length
The hull is good and the X dimension is pretty aggressive. The small blocks vs. big blocks really help too.

My 28 runs differently than any regular V I've ever driven. It rides very flat vs. other boats being bow high. The bottom is interesting to say the least. The forward part from the bow until the first step is normal as can be. The two step portions though are pretty cool to look at. The placement of the lifting strakes is one thing, but also there is a bit of a pad on these bottoms that no one really talks about. Each step has a flat pad in them but it isn't a square pad, it's a progressive pad... narrow at the forward part of each step and progressively getting larger towards the stern.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BajaDream07
I would agree with you and I also attribute the twin fuel injected small blocks working more efficiently than say a single big block pushing this size boat. I've never heard any numbers from say a 29' small block Fountain or a twin small block 29' Outlaw or a twin small block Scarab 29 (none of them made a 28' twin that Im aware of). be interested to find out though.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Registered

Default here ya go.....

1997 Donzi 27 ZX Twin Step
500 EFI with Brodix BB2 Aluminum Heads Ported and polished and 8 PSI Procharger with 65 lb injectors, set up By Mark Boos @ Precision Marine @ 825 HP
138 hrs without Boost and 58 hrs since
380 Tabs
IMCO Extreme SC Drive with -2 IMCO shortie
Dual Ram Full Hydraulic steering
Raised Bolsters by 4 inches/ Electric Dropdown
Full Gaffrig gauge package, with boost and fuel Pressure
Dual Blue top optima’s
New sun pad last year with custom headrest and Donzi Logo, interior is in top notch shape
Snap in Carpet
Fresh IMCO extreme SC upper and lower…5 hours on it since rebuild this cost me $5000
Boat has run a best of 93 MPH and runs a consistent 88-90 MPH, those of you that know the boat can vouch for the time and effort that went into getting this boat set up right. It is one of the first twin step boats and laid up a bit lighter then the later models and has 4 full length lifting strakes on the back step as well as a pad, the boat rides high out of the water on the pad a is truly a drivers boat. Boat is Blue with thunderbolt graphics and has been stored inside a heated warehouse the past 6 years of ownership. It sits on a dual Axle Loadmaster aluminum trailer wit brakes on both axles and bunks made for the steps, trailer shows as new. All of you who know me know that I am a real stickler on the maintenance side of things and service everything and less than half the recommended intervals. Motor has always run Royal Purple Oil and has been changed every 25 hours of use. I also changed the gimble bearing last year as well as the shift cable.

I hate to do it but the time has come for some change, something bigger? Something smaller? Don’t really know but I used the boat about 6 times the past two years….

$29,500
Contact me via email [email protected] or
478-737-0003
Old 11-09-2011, 04:42 AM
Registered

I'll vouch for Bryan's 27ZX....She is absolutely beautiful and top notch!!! She never breaks down at the annual AOTH Donzi event either. Fast and Sounds Awesome!!!

tom
Old 11-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bang for the buck, Brian's is the boat. I had a 26ZX that was loaded with big power. It took me lots of time and money to get past Brian. His boat is DIALED it. You get the best of both worlds. An incredibly fast single like the 26 and the extra length of a 28. All of the homework has been done on this boat.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bill i see you sold your 26zx !! gone up to a fountain 35 ey ?

congrats and enjoy your new ride !!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DonZ
bill i see you sold your 26zx !! gone up to a fountain 35 ey ?

congrats and enjoy your new ride !!
I did. I was ready to move up to twin. The 35 Lightning had everything I needed. took her out on Sat. Big fun
Old 11-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Registered

Any pics Bryan Rose?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.