28 zx whats it worth? >

28 zx whats it worth?

Notices

28 zx whats it worth?

Old 10-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went and looked at the boat in question. Almost all gauges were foggy, more dock rash than expexted. Has not been waxed in years. Batteries were dead, couldn't test, motor hatch was down, ect. One area of impact on hull up front starboard side, gel cracks and it prints thru to the storage locker below forwad berth. Trailer is aluminum I beam with boards notched for steps but bearings are junk, breaks are junk, ect. I just don't see how this boat would ever sale.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by looseconnection
Went and looked at the boat in question. Almost all gauges were foggy, more dock rash than expexted. Has not been waxed in years. Batteries were dead, couldn't test, motor hatch was down, ect. One area of impact on hull up front starboard side, gel cracks and it prints thru to the storage locker below forwad berth. Trailer is aluminum I beam with boards notched for steps but bearings are junk, breaks are junk, ect. I just don't see how this boat would ever sale.
That definitely sounds like the low end of the market. There are plenty for sale out there. One that looks nice (based on pics), same year, same price in St. Pete but it is the older deck style.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:05 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Vette,

Are your water pick ups on the cone?

guess the aggressive x is why this one had the low water pick ups.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Vette,

Are your water pick ups on the cone?

guess the aggressive x is why this one had the low water pick ups.
Mine has both pickups. I think Merc switched to Dual Water pickups a few years back on all Bravo's.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Registered

I just bought my 28 zx this spring its 2001 and only had 76 hours on both engines. with trailer I paid that much. the boat was in like new condition as well. no problems other than the fwd bilge pump wasnt working and it was an easy fix. runs really well. Where do you put in? Im in North bama as well. bought mine out of cape coral. love the boat.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:31 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Tug,

We are are usually around in Lewis Smith lake in Cullman, or Orange Beach, but I do want to cruise the tenn up to chatt or pickwick. I am going down to south fla on friday to look at a 2000 with 183 hours at a very good price. We need to hook up and do a run.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:32 AM
Registered

Oh yeah if you go out in the gulf or the atlantic be careful and make sure your depth sounder(if its not a thru hull and is mounted to the bottom of the transom) is able to flex. I kinda maybe ripped mine off when I was "testing the limits" in some pretty big swells. The boat is at home in big water and the ride is really smooth.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Registered

Tug,

We are are usually around in Lewis Smith lake in Cullman, or Orange Beach, but I do want to cruise the tenn up to chatt or pickwick. I am going down to south fla on friday to look at a 2000 with 183 hours at a very good price. We need to hook up and do a run.
No Doubt always looking to go burn some gas. havent made it to smith lake in this boat yet but we are on the tennessee almost every weekend when its nice and warm out. hope the boat deal works out this weekend for you. Got a few of us up here wanting to make the chatt run next spring/ summer.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Registered

Hey one other thing I would look for. the hyd lines on the outdrive. Mine were cracked from corrosion. it made trimming the outdrives really difficult. had to stand on them to get them to go down. replaced the lines and no problems since though.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Good thing, boat was fresh water for 160 hours and 23 salt so hopefully no major corrosion issues. Boat is supposed to be very good shape will all systems go except of one trim guage. Brand new stanless marine manifolds, water pumps and housings, filters and all fluids.

Is yours full hydro steering or cable with hydro assist?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.