Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
28 ZXO purchase (input, suggestion, what to look for?) >

28 ZXO purchase (input, suggestion, what to look for?)

Notices

28 ZXO purchase (input, suggestion, what to look for?)

Old 01-25-2012, 05:07 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Very sharp looking boat. It should be a blast. Congrats on your purchase.

Thanks man! I'm stoked....
Old 01-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Zxo

Good Loooking Boat, i really like the colors. I was looking at the ZXO & Sunsation when i bought, but i found a nice 288 MCOB close to home, ZXO's were hard to find. Enjoy your new boat!!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW!!!!!!!!! She's Beautiful!!!!!!! Congratulations Bradman, that's gonna look sweet on the water!!
Old 01-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Registered

Your boat looks great! I hope you get all the same compliments on the water and docks I get. Not many people see an open bow Donzi up here in Chicago.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Beachbum28
Your boat looks great! I hope you get all the same compliments on the water and docks I get. Not many people see an open bow Donzi up here in Chicago.

Overall, how have you enjoyed the boat? What engine/drive package do you have? Speeds? Fuel usage? Have you experienced any weird problems specific to the ZXO?

Thanks
Old 01-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BradmanVA
Overall, how have you enjoyed the boat? What engine/drive package do you have? Speeds? Fuel usage? Have you experienced any weird problems specific to the ZXO?

Thanks
I love my boat. I was looking for a Sunsation 288 mcob. My wife saw this and liked the bigger open bow. I am glad she put her foot down. I have twin 350 mag/ bravo 1. I can get 70 with my wife and 3/4 fuel. I can run 65-66 all day. Thoes are gps numbers. As far as fuel, that depends on the way you drive. Starting and stoping kill me, we have a lot of no wake zones on the river. I also noticed if I keep it under 4000 rpm that helps too. Last summer at LOTO, I was very happy with the fuel usage, I was well under my gas budget. We did tons of boating and I feel it's because I was able to just get out and cruise. Knock on wood.....no "zxo" problems. I don't wast to hijack your post, so one of these days I will post a few pics of my ride. I have to figure out how to get them from my computer to OSO. I'm not a pro, but feel free to ask any questions.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Registered

good looking boat...congrats
Old 01-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Beachbum28
I love my boat. I was looking for a Sunsation 288 mcob. My wife saw this and liked the bigger open bow. I am glad she put her foot down. I have twin 350 mag/ bravo 1. I can get 70 with my wife and 3/4 fuel. I can run 65-66 all day. Thoes are gps numbers. As far as fuel, that depends on the way you drive. Starting and stoping kill me, we have a lot of no wake zones on the river. I also noticed if I keep it under 4000 rpm that helps too. Last summer at LOTO, I was very happy with the fuel usage, I was well under my gas budget. We did tons of boating and I feel it's because I was able to just get out and cruise. Knock on wood.....no "zxo" problems. I don't wast to hijack your post, so one of these days I will post a few pics of my ride. I have to figure out how to get them from my computer to OSO. I'm not a pro, but feel free to ask any questions.

Feel free to post your pics no problem. Just trying to get as much info from zx and zxo owners as I can. How do you like the handling, any problems with drain from sink, or cooler area?
Old 01-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Registered

I did have a problem with a dry roted hose that went from the bilge in the mid cabin to the discharge on the port side of the hull. The service tec said it was a real pain to install the new one. Other than that no problems @ 120 hours. As far as the handling, I do have dual ram laythem hydraulic steering. That is nice. My last boat was a 22 foot four winns, so I would be comparing apples to oranges. I am very happy with the ride and control. Weighing in at 6500 can't hurt either.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Platinum Member

Well, on a last minute flight I flew to Florida to check the boat out in person. Everything looks good and needs cleaning. Deal is almost done, and pictures to come....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.