Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
Sarasota Factory >

Sarasota Factory

Notices

Sarasota Factory

Old 12-20-2012, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Yes they moved to North Carolina in 2010. From what I have heard from credible Donzi guys is that quality and knowledge just isn't there anymore. Most of the Donzi engineers and riggers that knew the boats in and out are gone and its the Fountain guys putting together Donzis now. I've been told you be crazy to buy a new Donzi (and this is by guys that love Donzis). Hopefully something changes.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
Yes they moved to North Carolina in 2010. From what I have heard from credible Donzi guys is that quality and knowledge just isn't there anymore. Most of the Donzi engineers and riggers that knew the boats in and out are gone and its the Fountain guys putting together Donzis now. I've been told you be crazy to buy a new Donzi (and this is by guys that love Donzis). Hopefully something changes.
im one of those guys lol..im on donzi .org a few times a week and i know that the last boats that were built at sarasota were put together with left over parts or mis matched parts in the engine drive combo's.. nothing wrong with the fountain rigging crew,if they can rteas a blueprint they should be able to build the same boat that donzi built..i just cant get over $107,000 for a 22 classic..And thats with the standard 502 mag..
Old 12-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Just wondering what was the last boat built there?
Old 12-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
i just cant get over $107,000 for a 22 classic..And thats with the standard 502 mag..
I guess they dont plan on selling to many of them!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Yea the new price lists are out of control. $910k to spec out our 43 new. Just ridiculous. I also read on a post on here a guy that bought a new 38zr out of the new factory and his exact words were "it wasn't ALL together" which is not the attitude several years ago
Old 12-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, we drove past the plant last March (spring break) and was jaw-dropped. I had heard that even when they were still building boats there the plant looked like a total dump! Can't believe my beautiful boat came out of that place.

A friend of mine had their 38ZR reworked down at the NC plant and they were totally impressed with the plant people and the attention they payed towards their boat. from the re-gel and fit/finish, they were totally satisfied.

tom

Last edited by FISHIN SUCKS; 12-21-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FISHIN SUCKS
Yeah, we drove past the plant last March (spring break) and was jaw-dropped. I had heard that even when they were still building boats there the plant looked like a total dump! Can't believe my beautiful boat came out of that place.

A friend of mine had their 38ZR reworked down at the NC plant and they were totally impressed with the plant people and the attention they payed towards their boat. from the re-gel and fit/finish, they were totally satisfied.

tom
Good to hear! I would hope that as long as there are a few of the original Donzi engineers/riggers on staff that they will continue to make one of the best built boats on the market. I also hope that they retain some of their great styling personnel. I love the timeless paint schemes of the Donzi's of late...hate when boat builders use 30 different colors on one boat.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Registered

How come the buildings in the 2 sets of pics are different colors and don't look the same? Are you sure they're the same place?
Old 12-24-2012, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi ZX
How come the buildings in the 2 sets of pics are different colors and don't look the same? Are you sure they're the same place?

Tom bought a splash, we just have not had the heart to tell him. Thanks for ruining his Christmas...
Old 12-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi ZX
You almost have to go there to understand. It's a medley of buildings strung together over a large corner lot. The side that the original poster showed was the main entrance / exit when I bought my boat. That's the 21st st. entrance If you look at the original pics in this thread, 3rd pic, my boat was hanging in the open area straight ahead of the gate when I picked it up. one of the closed garages to the left is where they kept the Orange 38 Comp.

On the other side (Limbus Ave), the buildings look totally different... that's where Tom's pics are from. To be quite honest, it all pretty much looks the same today as it did when I picked up my boat... a few less weeds and a few more boats around, but not much has changed. It looked pretty dumpy then too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.