z 24 black widow >

z 24 black widow

Notices

z 24 black widow

Old 12-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default z 24 black widow

so ive been looking to upgrade from my scarab 22 that i restored to something a little larger with bigger power plant..

recently i got offered a deal on a donzi z24 black widow. long story short the guy is hurting for cash an had it up for $10,500. i lowballed him at $4000 knowing his situation. Yesterday i got a call and he accepted my offer..

how well are the boats built, its got a OMC drive which im not familiar with powered by a fresh 502 chevrolet. im not looking for speed but 70-75 would be nice, mostly looking for comfort.

any opinions or advice would be great. heres a few pics.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take it and run ,its a donzi ,the omc is a decsent drive as long as you dont hammer it out of the whole and go easy you will be fine.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your purchase!! We used to own a 1990 24' Donzi Blackwidow (6 years). with the original 454 King Cobra bored out .030 over we would run 62. The King Cobra outdrive has all the heavy duty components to handle some power. we never had a problem with the drive at all. As for a stock 502 MAG (415 hp), she's gonna need some work to get to the 70-75mph range.

As for the hull, you may notice some cracking in the gel coat on the transom around the gimbal housing, but nothing major to be totally concerned about, we never had any leaking problems. On the port side of the deck (just in front of the windshield) you may notice some cracking in the gel coat, also normal. Every one that I have seen has had the same problems of cracking. Other than that, cant think of anything else that gave us any problems.

Oh, and one other thing, if you are looking to get the Chrome vents rechromed (8 of them), I have the perfect place to get them done in Toledo, OH. Last I knew, he was like $20-25 a piece. I did mine there and have sent a number of people in the Donzi Club to him and as far as I know, everyone has been thrilled with the price and turn around time.

Let me know if you have any questions, be glad to help out. when we had ours, I did a little bit of research here and there. Enjoy,

tom

Last edited by FISHIN SUCKS; 12-31-2012 at 08:22 AM.