Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
Boat shopping >

Boat shopping

Notices

Boat shopping

Old 01-06-2013, 12:19 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

I think u will be happy with the ride when u get the chance to ride in one. Personal experience here at the lake, probably because of the weight the Zx rides better and is drier but is a little slower than the Zr. Both very solid in rough water, no rattles, fly level, land soft. Your wife will be much happier and safer when u put the sticks to the dash!! Mine does!
Old 01-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by T-RAV
There is a Conroe topps guy that has a 35zr w/525's, his name is Scott Leodroff... Not sure of the spelling on his last name... I know he is friends on the Lcpbc Facebook page, I met him on the toy run last year really nice guy, I'm sure you could track him down and he would let you check it out or at least give you feed back on how it handles Conroe.

Travis

Then drop the price of your boat to my price range!!!
I know of Scott but I thought he had a 38 so I guess I'll hit him up. Hes on my FB and I know I've seen him at the lake. I'm a member of TOPPS but just not super active in the club anymore.

Regarding my 29...as I've said any serious offer and it's theirs...no "I'll give you $50k and store it till March or deliver it to me". LOL. You need to come look at it....just bring your checkbook cuz you'll leave with it!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Donziben
I think u will be happy with the ride when u get the chance to ride in one. Personal experience here at the lake, probably because of the weight the Zx rides better and is drier but is a little slower than the Zr. Both very solid in rough water, no rattles, fly level, land soft. Your wife will be much happier and safer when u put the sticks to the dash!! Mine does!
Thanks donziben, appreciate it. I'm more of a ZR guy then the ZX, just personal taste. A lot of y'all have talked bout how well they handle and fly straight and level (ZR's) and I don't ever see anyone complain bout them. There was a dealer here a few years back before the economy took a dump and I think Legend carries them but doesn't stock them out of Dallas.
I sold a ton of 29's and 33's but didn't carry many 302's because of the price break between the 29/33 people would usually move to the 33 so they didn't do as well in our market. Driven a good handful of them and they have good cockpit room but a 29 handles better IMO. Still great boats for the money with a great customer fan base still.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

The zr's ride real nice. Slice through any chop without any real hard slam or slap. They fly very straight and true and don't need a lot of driver input to run smooth. Donzi really did their homework on these boats. There is a reason a 10 year old ZrComp won the European title last year among a fleet of much newer boats!

I have been on a couple of Fountains and have to say in both handling and rough water you need to have a 42 fountain to ride as good as a 35 Donzi and a 38 Donzi will chew up a 42 Fountain.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Registered

Thanks Tom, great feedback! Probably take a drive out to Austin in the next few weekends when I have one off to go check out this 35 if its still around. If not I'm sure spring will bring some fresh glass to the mkt.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN
I know of Scott but I thought he had a 38 so I guess I'll hit him up. Hes on my FB and I know I've seen him at the lake. I'm a member of TOPPS but just not super active in the club anymore.

Regarding my 29...as I've said any serious offer and it's theirs...no "I'll give you $50k and store it till March or deliver it to me". LOL. You need to come look at it....just bring your checkbook cuz you'll leave with it!
I thought I remembered it being a 35 but I have been wrong before, just ask my wife!!!
There is also this one local if you haven't seen it, I think the other has better paint though...

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/3387992261.html
Old 01-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

I thought I remembered it being a 35 but I have been wrong before, just ask my wife!!!
There is also this one local if you haven't seen it, I think the other has better paint though...

That Donzi is phucking nice. Love the interior and paint. Hmmm. Headed over next week to pull side panels, may look at changing the interior now
Old 01-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Registered

I saw that one listed somewhere a while ago....I like it but not sure on the interior?!?!? There is an older 35 CIG that has been re-done all white with similiar color interior. Scared it would get too hot being anything but white with some colors on it... Like the blue paint though! I know the owner of Ski Dock pretty well from working in the biz back in the day with him and Baja....it's only a short drive out there so well see.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN
I saw that one listed somewhere a while ago....I like it but not sure on the interior?!?!? There is an older 35 CIG that has been re-done all white with similiar color interior. Scared it would get too hot being anything but white with some colors on it... Like the blue paint though! I know the owner of Ski Dock pretty well from working in the biz back in the day with him and Baja....it's only a short drive out there so well see.
I have seen that boat for over 3 months right off I10 with no cover on it , so it is going to need a good scrubbing.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

That beige color and material stay fairly cool to the touch.

Unlike my red vinyl that will melt your thighs if you are not careful!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.