Donzi's Future >

Donzi's Future

Notices

Donzi's Future

Old 03-27-2013, 11:06 AM
tgi
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Liberty made the same mistake as the bankrupt companies they bought.

The sad reality is the margin structure they are trying to maintain died. You cannot sell production mass produced performance boats for 200k!!!! There is no debating this topic, the market has spoken and has liquidated all companies that have tried this. The sad reality is they didn't want to cut their upper tier compensation. For all of those that have owned medium to large businesses will know the bulk of your overhead is tied up in upper tier compensation.

The only future in the marine business is custom boat sales paid with cash.

Many people don't want to hear this but if you can't pay cash for a boat (new/used) you simply can't afford it. Now after the great economic crash, all the 100k corporate monkeys got exposed for the fraud that they are buying everything with credit and once there income dipped, the repo man came.

Real Incomes for the bottom 90% of economic slaves are never coming back. The top will continue to accumulate wealth while the bottom continues paying monthly payments on their 37 credit cards they maxed out buying fuel for their 38zx....

I personally enjoy not having to deal with the amount of idiots on the lake every weekend now. Boat traffic is down about 60% from the 2006 peak on one of the busiest fresh water lakes in the US.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

im all about paying cash for stuff but my boat and my house are on a loan. we dont have credit cards or car payments so we do ok. but there is people out there that have that mind set that just put every thing on a card and try to find a way to pay for it later. not vary smart if u ask me but there lost will always be some one elces gain. thats how i got my boat for what i did he was about to loose it and offed it before he did for what he owed on it.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow tgi, I guess we should all be glad to hear you got yours, and the rest of the minions below your level don't deserve em..

As far as the only future being custom boats paid for with cash, I'm sure a lot of mainstream average boat builders would argue that point with you. I see new boats being financed every day down here. No, not like a few years ago, but there is still financing available..
Old 03-29-2013, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can relate to some of what tgi is saying. This piece of schit we have for a president likes taxing the hell out of my income and it is going to be a thinner year for me. I saw it (taxing) coming, I did my part in November to stop it, and I lost. We pay off our credit card every month, own everything except for the two houses, and love our boats. Scott you are right, new boats are being sold and financed every day, I passed 4 truckloads of boats (Hurricanes) heading south bound on I-69 monday this week. But the go-fast market seems to have dropped a couple gears. Would Mercury really come out with a 565 if the mid range market wasnt there?

tom
Old 04-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tgi

Many people don't want to hear this but if you can't pay cash for a boat (new/used) you simply can't afford it. Now after the great economic crash, all the 100k corporate monkeys got exposed for the fraud that they are buying everything with credit and once there income dipped, the repo man came.

Real Incomes for the bottom 90% of economic slaves are never coming back. The top will continue to accumulate wealth while the bottom continues paying monthly payments on their 37 credit cards they maxed out buying fuel for their 38zx....

I personally enjoy not having to deal with the amount of idiots on the lake every weekend now. Boat traffic is down about 60% from the 2006 peak on one of the busiest fresh water lakes in the US.
Wow, some truth here, but a lot of generalizations, too.

Reality, the Credit Card Cowboys always seem to get their's at just about every economic down turn, not just this one.

My wife and I are both examples of those "corporate monkeys" you reference. And DINKs, too. Life has been hairy for us at times, as it is has for anyone that is honest with themselves, over the past few years. We work hard, we save, and we enjoy life.

AND, we contracted for and financed the sport cruiser of our dreams a couple of years back. Because of the downturn, it was within reach as a leftover, so we jumped on it, with no regrets. And we just refinanced it, with closing tomorrow, for 3.9%. I imagine we'll have it paid off in the next 16-24 months.

My point? The extension of credit to the people powers dreams, including awesome on water rides. See you on the lake.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER

Here are some Picts of the project. Haven't put the newest ones up yet

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=c28b800bc9
Kevin, the boat and progress look amazing! I'm looking fwd to seeing some more when you post them up... Is she 100% yet??