28zx windshield(windscreen?) >

28zx windshield(windscreen?)

Notices

28zx windshield(windscreen?)

Old 05-23-2013, 06:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dukedonzi
Hey Fishin, I agree, fishin sucks... sorry wanted to say that! That windscreen looks nice but I bet you get quite a bit of wind in the face
My father in law is an avid fisherman, I love my father in law, but i have no idea what possesses someone to wear long sleeve flannel shirts and jeans on a hot summers day with a bucket of worms and sit! I prefer havin hot babes in bikinis laid out like a buffet on the deck and sunpad of my Donzi! I must admit though, in 1979 (ripe age of 11), my handle was inspired by a twin engine 28' Cigarette that showed up on our lake with huge white capital letters (Blue background) on the sides that read "FISHIN SUCKS!". Never knew what the guy looked like, but I'll never forget all the deck hardware that boat had.

I keep a pair of motorcycle sunglasses on board in case we do some long distance running. the foam gaskets help in keeping my eyes from watering. BTW, sharp boat Duke! I cant help it though, I love the ZX's!

tom

Last edited by FISHIN SUCKS; 05-24-2013 at 06:05 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a cool story! its amazing the moments that stick with us.

My Dad has always been a fisherman, in fact my first boat was a fishing boat because i was trying to do things with my dad... it didn't take me long to realize that i wasn't a fisherman. Now every go fast boat that I buy my Dad always asks "where we are going to mount the down riggers" I always tell him unless you are looking for "flying fish" youre out of luck!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:31 AM
Registered

First off, thanks for the replys. It helped me to narrow down my search. Looks like I am wanting to find a 98 or 99 model year OR a newer one that has the formed fiberglass windshield. After looking at the different pictures I think that is what I want to stay with if at all possible. I seen one on the river last year and ever since I loved the way it looked. Just like member FISHIN SUCKS, I can wear a pair of foam wrapped sunglasses if the need arises. I appreciate those of you who offered up pictures, unfortunately I am not able to view them on this internect connection, over in Afghanistan they don't like us seeing pictures on the web for some reason. Odd they block pictures on a boating forum but not "hot naked girls" on google image search lol.

There is a 28zx for sale down in Slidell, LA(I think thats it) over on powerboatlisting.com but it is a salt water boat and that isn't going to work for me. If anyone hears of something for sale in the future please let me know. I am not in a hurry as I won't be home until after boating season is over
Old 05-23-2013, 09:43 AM
Registered

First off, thanks for the replys. It helped me to narrow down my search. Looks like I am wanting to find a 98 or 99 model year OR a newer one that has the formed fiberglass windshield. After looking at the different pictures I think that is what I want to stay with if at all possible. I seen one on the river last year and ever since I loved the way it looked. Just like member FISHIN SUCKS, I can wear a pair of foam wrapped sunglasses if the need arises. I appreciate those of you who offered up pictures, unfortunately I am not able to view them on this internect connection, over in Afghanistan they don't like us seeing pictures on the web for some reason. Odd they block pictures on a boating forum but not "hot naked girls" on google image search lol.

There is a 28zx for sale down in Slidell, LA(I think thats it) over on powerboatlisting.com but it is a salt water boat and that isn't going to work for me. If anyone hears of something for sale in the future please let me know. I am not in a hurry as I won't be home until after boating season is over
Old 05-24-2013, 06:18 AM
Registered

Afghanistan??? How do hot babes look hot layin out on yer Donzi with vales on?? Are you one of our service men over there? Well, besides all that, I enjoy spending other peoples money so lets go boat shoppin, hahaha!!!

Great story Duke! Sorry for the thread Hi-jack Josh.

tom
Old 05-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FISHIN SUCKS
Afghanistan??? How do hot babes look hot layin out on yer Donzi with vales on?? Are you one of our service men over there? Well, besides all that, I enjoy spending other peoples money so lets go boat shoppin, hahaha!!!

Great story Duke! Sorry for the thread Hi-jack Josh.

tom
Yes FISHIN SUCKS I am currently deployed to the area. I am not 100% ready to "shop" just yet as my boat hasn't sold BUT once it does, game on! Right now, I am just "looking" lol. As much as I hate missing an entire boating season, I look forward to possibly purchasing a boat when prices are not at a premium as summer is over! We shall see.

Last edited by JoshL; 05-24-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Registered

Thank you for your service!! 10-4 on the end of boating season deals. keep us posted on what you're looking at, there is a lot of input on here.

tom
Old 05-28-2013, 09:44 PM
Registered

my 2000 26ZX has the full windshield and it was part of the "family package"..... included bimini top and porta potti plumbed with a built in holding tank. also has the step ladder with handle and towing eye for tubes and skiing..... I am thinking the full windshield would be more comfortable and quietter with less turbulence..... for those poor guys stuck with the "High Maintenance" types that don't like to mess the hair! TBF
Old 05-29-2013, 11:24 AM
Registered

I'm a fan of the half-n-half... Is there another windscreen out there that offers even more coverage and therefore wind protection??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]501558[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]501559[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 28zx windshield(windscreen?)-pohick-tie-up.jpg   28zx windshield(windscreen?)-img_0151.jpg  
Old 05-29-2013, 11:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by In the red
... It was the best decision I ever made and love the Donzi. I have had it since 2008. Mine has the plexi windscreen and I really like it as the curve in the top deflects the wind nicely. A couple of pics.
The interior looks GREAT! That is very sharp looking...