Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
35zr fender storage >

35zr fender storage

Notices

35zr fender storage

Old 06-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree - I keep my shore-power cord in there.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:48 AM
Registered

Well, I'm having something done about it...

I should actually get my boat back today from a shop that was doing some other cosmetic stuff for me... I asked them to look under the bench seats in the cuddy and they found them to be relatively open. They applied some white gel coat to the surfaces in there and put some 1"x1" strips on the bottom of the (seat) cushion so that they will 'lock' into place (once put back into place and under the 'back' cushion...)

I'll snap some pics and post them up once I have it back!

- justin
Old 07-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by atisvt99
Well, I'm having something done about it...

I should actually get my boat back today from a shop that was doing some other cosmetic stuff for me... I asked them to look under the bench seats in the cuddy and they found them to be relatively open. They applied some white gel coat to the surfaces in there and put some 1"x1" strips on the bottom of the (seat) cushion so that they will 'lock' into place (once put back into place and under the 'back' cushion...)

I'll snap some pics and post them up once I have it back!

- justin
Please do...I'm interested in seeing this.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Registered

Me too - thanks Justin.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Can't remember how much room is in the 35 but I mounted these (West Marine). Two different sizes (I believe 8.5" and 6.5") and they work great. They just barely fit and the billet wouldn't have but I like the SS look anyways

[ATTACH=CONFIG]507905[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 35zr fender storage-image.jpg  

Last edited by PremierPOWER; 09-13-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Registered

Whoops 2 of them Aren't there in that pict. Here is one with no engines in. Not sure if I have a good one showing clearance between pulleys and fender holders

[ATTACH=CONFIG]507908[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 35zr fender storage-image.jpg  
Old 09-14-2013, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

That might work. What do you do with the lines attached to the fenders so they don't get tangled up in your pulleys? It looks awful close in your pics.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by neva satisfied
That might work. What do you do with the lines attached to the fenders so they don't get tangled up in your pulleys? It looks awful close in your pics.
In the second picture you can see the little black things to the right of the holders (only 3 pictured but normally there are 4. They are little clip things that hold the ropes. I'll try and find a picture of them in use
Old 10-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
Whoops 2 of them Aren't there in that pict. Here is one with no engines in. Not sure if I have a good one showing clearance between pulleys and fender holders

[ATTACH=CONFIG]507908[/ATTACH]
Do you have part numbers or a link for these holders? And it looks like you have 2 of each size mounted? I wonder if I've got the room in my hatch... 28zx
Old 10-07-2013, 11:52 AM
Registered

Finally remembered to snap some pics of my cuddy this weekend... sorry for the delay!

I do think they could have made the openings a little bigger, while still supporting the cushion enough, and maybe I'll have them go back and enlarge them the next time the boat is in the shop... We shall see. As of right now, I only have the large bumpers (8.5" I think?? they are huge) and I have one-each sitting up behind the back rest of the bench seats down below... The holes cut out right now are not big enough for the bumpers, but perhaps a smaller one... otherwise, they are great for spare parts, rags, etc etc... (the one white bumper is not one of my regular bumpers - those are much bigger - the white one is just a spare I found floating in the river one day)

You can see that they simply attached some 6"-8" strips of hard plastic (I forget what he called it) that will keep the cushion from sliding forward while you're sitting on it. And the back rest cushion holds everything else in place enough that I've never had them come off - even in very rough water!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.