Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
Donzi 38 ZX Engine Hatch Won't Open - Help ! >

Donzi 38 ZX Engine Hatch Won't Open - Help !

Notices

Donzi 38 ZX Engine Hatch Won't Open - Help !

Old 06-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Donzi 38 ZX Engine Hatch Won't Open - Help !

Can anyone confirm or deny that there is access to some quick release pin on a 1999 38 ZX to open the hatch ? My hatch motor is not working. I can hear a light clicking from inside the engine compartment when a depress the hatch open/close switch. After a while the breaker flips. I need to get into the hatch though. Help !
Old 06-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Look under the gunwale behind the drivers seat. There should be a positive and negative terminal. Put power on these to open up engine hatch.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

apology, i thought u didnt have power to the motor
Old 06-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 26zx allows you to just pull up on it. It weights a ton but two guys can lift it and have a 2x4 ready to keep it up. The lifts have a slip joint built into them. Can push them closed but you can lift them up.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Registered

Ok. Got it open ! Just had to muscle it up. Dang that thing is heavy. I have it braced. Now I need to replace the actuator motor. Can anyone direct me to a new quieter bolt on replacement hatch motor actuator ?
Old 06-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Apollon
Ok. Got it open ! Just had to muscle it up. Dang that thing is heavy. I have it braced. Now I need to replace the actuator motor. Can anyone direct me to a new quieter bolt on replacement hatch motor actuator ?
make sure your battery is not dead....also some of the donzi's have a hydrolic cylinder,,seeing you pulled it up look at the lifting acuator and see if theirs a plastic hose going to it,,if so then it may be out of fluid or the electric motor is stuck,,sometimes tapping the motor will free it..i have sen this from the boats sitting over the winter and water has got into them..