Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
22 classic with trs >

22 classic with trs

Notices

22 classic with trs

Old 11-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How many of you are runnng STOCK Bravo 1's?
Old 11-09-2013, 06:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FIXX
Carl c ,,aka thirdchild ^^^^ ran like 85 mph with his 22 and a 4 blade brovo one 4 blade prop so i would have to say that that info is incorrect ..sorry.
Hmmm... stock or modified Bravo 1 Props? Carl has a raised X correct? I think I also read he's running a modified B1, but not totally sure. Carl is your prop stock?

I've had (3) 24X7s and (2) Donzi Classics and never had luck with a stock B1. Now with a modified for extra bow lift B1, I did have good luck on a 24' Superboat. I will tell you that from my experience, the Rev 4 works much better than a stock B1 on these old school hulls.
I will also tell you from my experience on a 24' Excaliber with a TRS, a B1 did not work at all; we ran a 3 blade Merc Cleaver or Merc Mirage.
A stock B1 is not the right prop for a 22C with a TRS...sorry...

Last edited by Pat McPherson; 11-09-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
Hmmm... stock or modified Bravo 1 Props? Carl has a raised X correct? I think I also read he's running a modified B1, but not totally sure. Carl is your prop stock?

I've had (3) 24X7s and (2) Donzi Classics and never had luck with a stock B1. Now with a modified for extra bow lift B1, I did have good luck on a 24' Superboat. I will tell you that from my experience, the Rev 4 works much better than a stock B1 on these old school hulls.
I will also tell you from my experience on a 24' Excaliber with a TRS, a B1 did not work at all; we ran a 3 blade Merc Cleaver or Merc Mirage.
yes to all,,modified bravo 1 30 pitch,,imco -2 shorty..i guess its hit or mis with the b1 prop..yes the rev 4 is a great prop as well...dont think they make a pitch big enough for carl..i wish they made a turbo txp 3 blade in a 32 pitch for cart to try,,
Old 11-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson

Originally Posted by FIXX
yes to all,,modified bravo 1 30 pitch,,imco -2 shorty..i guess its hit or mis with the b1 prop..yes the rev 4 is a great prop as well...dont think they make a pitch big enough for carl..i wish they made a turbo txp 3 blade in a 32 pitch for cart to try,,
Yup. XR upper, Imco -2" lower. Zeiger steering, 30p Bravo 1 labbed but not otherwise modified by BBlades. This is a proven combination for Bravo boats but not the only option. I don't know anything about the trs except that they have been out of production for quite awhile and a they use a transmission and a Bravo drive is not a bolt on option. Can any of us with Bravo boats really offer useful advice for a trs boat?