33ZX Bolster seat power >

33ZX Bolster seat power

Notices

33ZX Bolster seat power

Old 01-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 33ZX Bolster seat power

I recently encountered a problem with power to the bolster seat on the starboard side captain's seat. I was fishing a new trim tab cable to the rear of the boat and once complete the controls on the bolster seat did not work. There is currently no power at the seat (this was checked with a meter). When I tried to trace the wiring back to the source, I lost the wires into a bundle of other wires. Before I start clipping wire ties and removing straps, I would like to know where the power is typically fed from. I can only assume it is from the battery on/off panel. If anyone can help I would surely appriciate it.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did some more investigation and with the help of Donzi was able to get some wiring diagrams. The power for the seat is fed from the battery on/off switch breaker panel. There is a wiring harnes with (3) orange wires with stripes...one to the port bolster, one to the starboard bolster and one to the engine hatch. These wires go directly to the seat. I tested voltage to the orange wire from the Jump Start location ground terminal and had voltage. When I tested voltage across the black at the seat and the orange wire I did not have voltage. The problem I found was a loose ground causing the seat not to work. There is a ground bar behind the round port hole where I was able to crimp a wire to the side of the existing ground without actually cutting the wire...I could not tell if this wire went directly to the ground bar or to another switch so I did not want to cut it and abandon it and risk something else not working. So problem solved for now. Hope this helps someone else in the future.