Wood or No Wood in Hull? 1999 Donzi 28ZX >

Wood or No Wood in Hull? 1999 Donzi 28ZX

Notices

Wood or No Wood in Hull? 1999 Donzi 28ZX

Old 02-09-2015, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wood or No Wood in Hull? 1999 Donzi 28ZX

I have a question about the 1999 Donzi 28ZX - does it have wood in the hull or is it all fiberglass and composite? I found an article about the 2000 model year that says it's all fiberglass and composite, but I can't find anything about the 1999 model year boat.

http://joemras.tripod.com/boat_test.htm

I'm interested in a 1999 that is for sale locally (I think the seller is a member here) and would like to know about the wood/no-wood situation.

Dave
Old 02-09-2015, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

I my 99 26 zx there is wood in the cabin floor and decking under the bed. I too did that research before buying and the stringers and transom should be composite. Also I know there are some differences in the 28 and 26 for 99 as it relates to the hull. I was told around 2000/2001 they were the same. (Except in length).
Old 02-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can live with wood in the interior and floor as that can be reasonably dealt with and replaced if necessary. I can't take on a project where I'm putting a new transom and stringers in the boat. I've seen enough project threads on offshoreonly.com to know that is not for me.

Thanks for the info. I need to go take a look at this boat and see if it's something I need to buy.