Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Donzi
New Donzi 35 owner - couple questions! >

New Donzi 35 owner - couple questions!

Notices

New Donzi 35 owner - couple questions!

Old 05-10-2016, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I would think so too. But having the ignition circuit and starters all on separate switches makes me wonder.

Mainly...I'm hoping I don't forget the keys under the seat after I turn it off at the helm!
Old 05-10-2016, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts

The hour meters must start when the ignition circuit is turned to ON (Dash Ignition Switches Thrown) I say this because somebody climbed into my boat at the marina and decided to play around - attempting to start it IN THE RACK. The batteries were thrown to ON and the Keys turned to ON but the hour meters were not affected since when I parked it at the dock.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:58 PM
Registered

Oh hell man, sorry to hear about that. Any damage or just feeling a little violated? Good to know about the hours though. Thanks.

Called the factory today about the 360 light. They confirmed that they just take a 3 pin 36" and gently bend it over a rounded piece of wood.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:38 AM
Registered

Takes a lot more than that to feel violated for me....pissed that the marina had such minimal security. Which is a whole other discussion...
Old 05-11-2016, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't bend it over a piece of wood unless it is grooved for the pole. I would buy an electrical conduit bender, or swing by and elections shop and see if they will bend it for you. This way you don't kink it
Old 05-12-2016, 10:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by DBleil89
I wouldn't bend it over a piece of wood unless it is grooved for the pole. I would buy an electrical conduit bender, or swing by and elections shop and see if they will bend it for you. This way you don't kink it
OR

Remove the plastic plug on the base, fill it with playground sand and apply a piece of duct tape over the end, lay it over a round shape and slowly start to bend it......get it to where you want it, dump the sand out (blow out with air gun) reinstall plastic base plug and move on.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:37 PM
Registered

Does anyone here have a mirrored engine hatch they could send me some dimensions from? I am looking to install a mirror but rather than fight with myself and a measuring tape in the rain - If anyone has the dimensions nearby I would be very grateful!
Old 05-30-2016, 08:49 PM
Registered

Had a machine shop bend one from Perko. Turned out great.

Installing my Garmin 741 from my Sunsation. It looks like there is an antenna for the Livorsi speedo. It currently runs in to the clunky Lowrance unit on the NMEA connection. It won't run unless the Lowrance is powered on.

Is there a benefit linking the Garmin to the Livorsi on the NMEA or should I just put the Livorsi antenna to a power source?
Old 06-02-2016, 06:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Captain YARRR
Had a machine shop bend one from Perko. Turned out great.

Installing my Garmin 741 from my Sunsation. It looks like there is an antenna for the Livorsi speedo. It currently runs in to the clunky Lowrance unit on the NMEA connection. It won't run unless the Lowrance is powered on.

Is there a benefit linking the Garmin to the Livorsi on the NMEA or should I just put the Livorsi antenna to a power source?
Power it directly - I just went through this issue with my Livorsi Antenna & Speedo which finally bit the dust(battery shot) - the replacement was intended to be powered through my Garmin/NMEA connection but it would not stay linked. Just went power direct and no issues as of yet.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:05 PM
Registered

Clear out your PM's but the hatch mirror is 46x44.25!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.