Maryland 33ZX ANYONE KNOW THIS BOAT?

Notices

Maryland 33ZX ANYONE KNOW THIS BOAT?

Old 08-08-2016, 11:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by ShootinRopes35z
New interior and vinyl less than a year old - $50k? The only thing holding me back would be drives and engine hours/run reports.
If they are 496 Mag HO and nobody cracked them open and they are stock they have usable life up to and beyond 600 hours. I would take a gamble on hours but if they were touched or massaged on anything then I would hesitate. Worse thing you can do to a 496 is fuk with it...

Stock drives behind 496's is pretty bulletproof unless driver was a complete idiot.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If would be nice if the guy had some more pictures and better descripting. I hate it when they go that vague. It makes me not want to deal with them because they either don't want to sell it or lazy. Both of which suck for the buyer.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks like it will be coming to ohio if everything checks out with the survey.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:32 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We drove to Buffalo from Maryland on Friday to look at it. My friend decided not to take a chance on it, the bolsters weren't back in yet, the carpet and cabin looked like they had a rave party for the last 3 years and never cleaned up (needs replaced). The porti pot had piss in it and cabin stunk. Motors and bilge filthy, covered in oil. The steering had excessive play, drive/trim tab indicators did not work. Port electric foot rest was not operational, inside of glove box cracked down the middle, fridge had mold in it.

This would be a decent buy if someone is looking for a some something they want to work on, but if you want a clean turn key boat....this is not it. The owner is lawyer, and did not know much more than how to turn the key. I suspect this boat was rode hard and put up wet, excessive parties with neglect to the entire boat. As an example, with the interior being BRAND NEW, he stepped on the WHITE seat with SHOES ON. Left a dirty foot print right on the seat... at that moment we understood how it was taken care of.

Needless to say, we wasted 15 hrs driving, along with fuel and food expenses.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbuttion
We drove to Buffalo from Maryland on Friday to look at it. My friend decided not to take a chance on it, the bolsters weren't back in yet, the carpet and cabin looked like they had a rave party for the last 3 years and never cleaned up (needs replaced). The porti pot had piss in it and cabin stunk. Motors and bilge filthy, covered in oil. The steering had excessive play, drive/trim tab indicators did not work. Port electric foot rest was not operational, inside of glove box cracked down the middle, fridge had mold in it.

This would be a decent buy if someone is looking for a some something they want to work on, but if you want a clean turn key boat....this is not it. The owner is lawyer, and did not know much more than how to turn the key. I suspect this boat was rode hard and put up wet, excessive parties with neglect to the entire boat. As an example, with the interior being BRAND NEW, he stepped on the WHITE seat with SHOES ON. Left a dirty foot print right on the seat... at that moment we understood how it was taken care of.

Needless to say, we wasted 15 hrs driving, along with fuel and food expenses.
Your looking at it wrong. You spent a couple grand to save 50,000
Old 08-09-2016, 02:33 PM
Registered

Something that is dirty can be cleaned if haul checks out and the water test went good that's a good deal for that boat on that trailer. Any ones out there that are even close to as nice as that one are listed 10 to 20k more with out air and heat.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:34 PM
Registered

And with new interior.... I wish mine had all new interior when I bought it
Old 08-11-2016, 03:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything cosmetic can always be fixed up, they're losing money themselves (if they care) by not presenting a clean boat...but the simple thought of disregard for cleanliness probably is a sign that much time wasn't spent maintaining and doing preventative maintenance....more reactive, which often leads to bigger expenses. Spend the additional $$$ and rest easy that you bought a solid boat.