27 ZR Full Boat Cover? >

27 ZR Full Boat Cover?

Notices

27 ZR Full Boat Cover?

Old 03-14-2017, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 27 ZR Full Boat Cover?

Currently I only have a cockpit for my 27 ZR and I'm wanting to purchase a full cover. I want something that is custom fit and not just something made for "about" a 27' boat.

Can anyone give me any recommendations other than trying to find someone to one-off custom make one for me locally?

Boatcovers.com look like they have covers exactly for a 27 ZR Donzi. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 03-15-2017, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 18 Posts

Get one made!
I am doing a cockpit/travel cover through a local guy. It basically unzips at the cockpit front leaving just that portion on the boat. A very nice option and avoids the issues with multiple covers storage and most importantly EXPENSE.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I had a buddy of mine that has a upholstery shop make be a bow cover that snaps under the rub rail and cockpit cover[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-15-2017, 03:08 PM
Registered

Hi Ryan,

I purchased a 28zx cover off Boatcovers.com, cost around $700 for a sunbrella one. It's not a perfect fit, but it's darn near close enough for that price. I've never towed with it on, but I'm sure I could. Its gone thru 40+mph winds during storms and never torn. About a year and a half old, sits in the Florida sun every day and isn't sun faded. Also water resistant but never has let water thru so I'd say proof.

A custom cover made from sunbrella would cost a few thousand I would think. I priced out a custom cockpit cover from sunbrella and no one would do it for under $1700.

Best of luck.

Tim
Old 03-16-2017, 05:54 AM
Registered

I ended up ordering a custom Carver cover in the sunbrella material for $667. Supposedly this is a custom fit cover for a 27ZR. I will report how it fits when I get it. I couldnt beat the price.

I got it from boatcoversdirect.com
Old 07-25-2017, 07:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

How did you go with the cover?
I'm getting horrible prices on Sunbrella, might be cheaper to import one if they're a good fit....

RR
Old 07-25-2017, 08:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rak rua
How did you go with the cover?
I'm getting horrible prices on Sunbrella, might be cheaper to import one if they're a good fit....

RR
I am very happy with it and it fits excellent. Money well spent. It even has an elastic band around it that holds it tight below the rub rail, so I will put it on if I have the boat in the water overnight to keep the dew off it.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Thanks for that, unless the local guy comes down a lot on his quote, I'll try coversdirect. (Their website says they will ship international)

RR