Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile No

simply no
Old 08-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dan lawrence
simply no
Dan, curious if you ever tried bigger props to get off the limiters at 113?
Old 08-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would look into it more. The AMT which was the 30 DW was laid up by many different builders. They had fiberglass tanks that leaked. I had to cut the tops off of mine and rebuild them. Others had to replace all the coring in the bottom. Very nasty work. I don't know who laid all the 32s up, but I would certainly look into it. Personally, I will never buy another boat with fiberglass tanks.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:52 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
I would look into it more. The AMT which was the 30 DW was laid up by many different builders. They had fiberglass tanks that leaked. I had to cut the tops off of mine and rebuild them. Others had to replace all the coring in the bottom. Very nasty work. I don't know who laid all the 32s up, but I would certainly look into it. Personally, I will never buy another boat with fiberglass tanks.
well, since he asked about the 32 DW and not an AMT, I don't think thats an issue. The one AMT (30 DW) that doug built seems to be fine.

The 32 uses airex and herex coring which is unaffected by gas unlike the cardboard honeycomb some of the AMT's used.

Nothing wrong with glass tanks, they just shouldn't be using any part of the boat as part of the tank and should be designed and built properly of course with the correct materials.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Registered

Thanks Sean, we spoke to Doug today. Keeping the options open.
Dr. G
Old 08-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Sean H
well, since he asked about the 32 DW and not an AMT, I don't think thats an issue. The one AMT (30 DW) that doug built seems to be fine.

The 32 uses airex and herex coring which is unaffected by gas unlike the cardboard honeycomb some of the AMT's used.

Nothing wrong with glass tanks, they just shouldn't be using any part of the boat as part of the tank and should be designed and built properly of course with the correct materials.
Actually Sean, My AMT had foam coring and fiberglass tanks, they leaked. The only 30 DW laid up by DW also had the tanks redone last year by Vicous Marine. That is also a fiberglass and foam core tank.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Registered

So many stories. I dont know what to think anymore
Old 08-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Racer
Racer

Dr. I don't know if any of 32s have had tank issues, but I know from personal experience and the fact that I have replace tanks in two boats that I will always inspect them very closely before buying another boat.

It is a termendous amount of work to fix most tank issues.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:40 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
Actually Sean, My AMT had foam coring and fiberglass tanks, they leaked. The only 30 DW laid up by DW also had the tanks redone last year by Vicous Marine. That is also a fiberglass and foam core tank.
What was wrong with the tank? Was the core damaged from the gas? I haven't seen a modern epoxy/foam boat have a gas tank issue yet, so that is why I am curious.

Obviously, anything can go wrong and usually does with a boat. I personally like the tanks that are laid up seperately from the boat and then tabbed in. Something goes wrong it takes no longer to ground out that tab than it does to remove a bladder system, and you don't have any of the issues of rubs or holes that comes with bladders.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.