Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Doug Wright
New Doug Wright designed 28 >

New Doug Wright designed 28

Notices

New Doug Wright designed 28

Old 03-28-2017, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

Dan brought his 28 over to my place so we could install water pressure relief valves on his XSs. I found out with my 28 that as soon as you start running high teens, the XSs can't bleed off the excess water pressure, so we knew he'd need them on his 28. The seats are out of it right now, as he's having a few tweaks made to them to suit his personal preference. As soon as the seats get back, Dan will go out and put some time on the motors to get them out of break-in mode, then we'll go out and run it with a couple different sets of Dewalds. The boat looks as good in person as it does in the pics, and I'm certain it's going to run as good as it looks as well!
Attached Thumbnails New Doug Wright designed 28-img_1542.jpg   New Doug Wright designed 28-img_1554.jpg   New Doug Wright designed 28-img_1555.jpg  

New Doug Wright designed 28-img_1556.jpg   New Doug Wright designed 28-img_1558.jpg   New Doug Wright designed 28-img_1559.jpg  

New Doug Wright designed 28-img_1560.jpg  
Old 03-29-2017, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 24 Posts

It sure looks amazing. We got to see it at his storage last weekend. Hope I didn't leave any drool marks on it.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

I have always preferred the Skaters but the Race/Pleasure cats DW is putting out in their last couple of builds make it a definite a boat to consider if you were to put cash on the table for a new boat today!

Congrat's to the new owner - Beautiful!
Old 03-29-2017, 03:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can someone tell me why Doug Wright does not build these 28's?
Old 03-29-2017, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 532 Likes on 329 Posts

DW is also in the business of building the tooling. He has built tooling for major companies. His most significant work is from building the tooling for deep-V center consoles. Can't say who, but you can guess by the number of CC's built...34 foot CC built so far since inception is over 190 CC boats, 39 foot CC have over 140 CC boats. The company name has the initials N-T.

The manufacturer gives DW the general specs, DW then designs on the CAD including flow dynamics and stress testing. He then transforms that design onto an instructions set for his large CNC machines that builds the initial form of the tooling in foam...the first step in tooling build

The manufacturers can then either complete the tooling or DW can complete the tooling.

The RGR 28 cat was ordered by Rick G and went only as far as the hardened surface of the plug. RGR completed the rest of the plug and pulled a mold off of it. RGR/Climax Boats also made two decks to handle a single or twin outboard motors. All of the tooling are legally and rightfully owned by RGR/Climax/Fat Cat Boatworks

DW also builds aircraft fuselages and cockpits for the Dept. of Defense and private aircraft companies...I believe ==> https://www.facebook.com/Doug-Wright...9879978406934/

Last edited by noli; 03-29-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Skater30
Dan brought his 28 over to my place so we could install water pressure relief valves on his XSs. I found out with my 28 that as soon as you start running high teens, the XSs can't bleed off the excess water pressure, so we knew he'd need them on his 28. The seats are out of it right now, as he's having a few tweaks made to them to suit his personal preference. As soon as the seats get back, Dan will go out and put some time on the motors to get them out of break-in mode, then we'll go out and run it with a couple different sets of Dewalds. The boat looks as good in person as it does in the pics, and I'm certain it's going to run as good as it looks as well!
Dale, What has transpired with the water pressure relief valves? I have not experienced high water pressures thru the gearcase pick-ups at 115 MPH +. My water pressure is pretty stable above 100 MPH except when turning. I did add a water balancing tube from adapter plate to adapter plate to help with the unbalanced water pressures occurring in turns.