Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
chinese aftermarket bravo one lower >

chinese aftermarket bravo one lower

Notices

chinese aftermarket bravo one lower

Old 01-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mercury Marine have there castings for there trim tabs made in China, who knows what else they have made there.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by automobili_v12
Mercury Marine have there castings for there trim tabs made in China, who knows what else they have made there.
How about all the 40-60 hp 4stroke outboards.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by MIlander
I supose it wont be too long before Mercury outsources to China anyway
Yeah, and pretty much everything else.......... At least we will all be able to go boating with no jobs........... Oh, wait, itcosts money........... Sad to see how much has moved overseas... I really question our economy in 20yrs......
Old 01-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MIlander
I am suprised to hear the alpha drives are holding up. 95% of the goods manufactured in China that I have ever bought are pure crap. the problem is that you can hardly find anything not made in China these days. I supose it wont be too long before Mercury outsources to China anyway
i think they allready are,the xr gears of lately are junk,il bet merc is importing them from crapa,oops,i ment china.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Bonz
Yeah, and pretty much everything else.......... At least we will all be able to go boating with no jobs........... Oh, wait, itcosts money........... Sad to see how much has moved overseas... I really question our economy in 20yrs......
j-bones,im afraid that if we dont put a stop to all this imported chit,our economy will completly colapse way before 20 years.i for one avoid bying chinese made junk as much as posible.america needs to wake up,and soon!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by automobili_v12
A buddy of mine has been working in China the past couple months. He said Mercury has a huge plant next to where he's based. I'm told countless "Amercian Made" companies have large facilities there. Dirty little secret.

Kurt
Old 01-23-2012, 09:16 AM
Registered

Can't put all the blame on the American companies. I am sure that us (americans) along with the USA government has made operating a manufacturing company inside of the USA a very easy task. Unions, EPA, Local rules and regulations, Tax burdons, eager sue happy lawyers........
Old 01-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Biggus
A buddy of mine has been working in China the past couple months. He said Mercury has a huge plant next to where he's based. I'm told countless "Amercian Made" companies have large facilities there. Dirty little secret.

Kurt
The company I work for has a plant there now, even some medical devices are made in china. What we make are not life threatening, but still implants(dental). Not that I agree with manufacturing in China, but the quality you get from them is what you are willing to accept. In our case we have a VERY stringent quality organization, and refuse to accept crap, once they realized that, most of the product we are receiving from them is better than what we have made here for the last 20 years.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
In our case we have a VERY stringent quality organization, and refuse to accept crap, once they realized that, most of the product we are receiving from them is better than what we have made here for the last 20 years.
I try to stay out of the political debates but....
I see a lot of chinese tooling. Some is bad and some is excellent. It all depends on the standard that you expect. It was a lot of trial and error on which chinese suppliers we use. We better wake up, because when I see posts of chinese crap and that their stuff is not as good as what we can produce state side, it is not a true statement. I wish it was that way and the lack of quality would drive the work back home, but it is a fallacy.

The only way I can see a majority of the work coming back is higher transportation fees, lowering companies cost to manufacture here, efficiencies in manufacturing, weaker dollar/stronger yuan and lower labor rates.

We need manufacturing jobs in the States to keep a strong middle class, without them I can only see the gap between the haves and have nots getting greater.

JMO
Old 01-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rookie
I try to stay out of the political debates but....
I see a lot of chinese tooling. Some is bad and some is excellent. It all depends on the standard that you expect. It was a lot of trial and error on which chinese suppliers we use. We better wake up, because when I see posts of chinese crap and that their stuff is not as good as what we can produce state side, it is not a true statement. I wish it was that way and the lack of quality would drive the work back home, but it is a fallacy.

The only way I can see a majority of the work coming back is higher transportation fees, lowering companies cost to manufacture here, efficiencies in manufacturing, weaker dollar/stronger yuan and lower labor rates.

We need manufacturing jobs in the States to keep a strong middle class, without them I can only see the gap between the haves and have nots getting greater.

JMO
Cut the government free ride, pay teenagers what teenagers are worth, slash the federal government agencies (fire the EPA in a whole), cut all local (county government mostly) regulations, maybe to what we had in the 80's. Drill our own oil unregulated but not sell on the stock on the stock market (any oil drilled in the USA stays in the usa at drilling expence only or tax them till someone will sell at drilling costs). Remove gas tax I am sure that all the gas tax never even comes close to fixing roads.

IMPOSSIBLE

See it will never happen as the middle class will always be tricked into feeling sorry for the cancer of our society.

Quick Reply: chinese aftermarket bravo one lower

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.