Volvo Penta DPX-A drive removal / service >

Volvo Penta DPX-A drive removal / service

Notices

Volvo Penta DPX-A drive removal / service

Old 04-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volvo Penta DPX-A drive removal / service

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anyone familiar with the removal procedure for a 2001 Volvo Penta DPX-A drive? Is the u-joint sealed, or need annual greasing? Any seals/o-rings that should be replaced as preventitive maintenaince?

The boat is a new-to-me Formula 271 Fastech with the VP HP525DPX combo. When asking around, I been told that the drive does not need greasing or to be removed annually to renew seals, etc. However, I'd like to at least replace the rubber bellows between the drive and the transom shield. Assuming the drive has to be removed to do this, I'd like to attend to any other items at that time.

Anyone familiar with step-by-step instructions? Info for this drive is a bit more difficult to locate than I expected.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 04-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

Welcome to OSO, and congratulations on your Formula. The DPX drive is very nice. I had one on my last Cobalt, and it was trouble free. Member C_Spray here has way better knowledge of this drive than me, so maybe get ahold of him. He just recently redid his Formula. Check it out here.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=172804