Old 04-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes they did...
Old 05-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All 7 bolts came out ? or did the housing break?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavor1
The back screw broke off in the upper, the four studs in the upper are stripped now and who knows what the bottom looks like. Won t know anything till the divers bring it up. What could have caused this????? Dean thought a possible catastrophic failure caused it to blow straight down, but thats a tone of force to cause that
The studs or the upper housing threads striped?
I got one back once and he left of the thin washers off,the nuts dug into the case,I went to put the washers on and one stud was totally striped, so that meant who ever put it together knew is was striped and probably said Fk em.

sounds like something pushed it off? Panther had one push the top cap off.Ya got the back cover off, look in there and pray

Did he rebuild the top?
Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavor1
The back screw broke off in the upper, the four studs in the upper are stripped now and who knows what the bottom looks like. Won t know anything till the divers bring it up. What coulds have caused this????? Dean thought a possible catastrophic failure caused it to blow straight down, but thats a tone of force to cause that
Post pics when you get it back.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Guys, i appreciate all the help. Dean is "supposed" to call me back today and figure out what he is going to do about this. I personally put the lower on and can promise you all that the studs werent stripped. Also, 20 hrs ago, i had the upper and lower rebuilt on the other side and put it together and its still running fine. Hopefully there is no dammage in the upper also in this drive. What causes BMAXs to do these things. I'm considering just making this a #5 boat and being done with all the bravo style problems. Any thoughts....
Old 05-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
Actually it happends all the time with the B-MAX's.

a buddy just lost his lower in Marathon last week during a race,,,,the nuts just vibrate off and then its a free fall for the lower ?!
For whatever it's worth I've heard and seen this happen on the Mercury Bravo ITS drives.... It happened to a friend in a poker run...no warning etc...just blew off the back of the boat.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

After speaking with Dean at the Bravo Shop, He told me that the locks on the upper gear had came loose magically and pushed the lower off the upper drive case. We are in the process of working something out because I dont buy the "MAGICAL" BS line. Ill keep everyone posted as to what happens. Also, Im going diving next week with a group to see if we can locate the lower and my 15 minute old prop that was on it
Old 05-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

So the lock c-locks on the clutch shaft came out and shot the clutch shaft down and pushed the lower off the drive?????

only way I could see that happening is from loose tolerances in the clutch pack in the upper or the clutch shaft ball bearing cluster bloke, otherwise you have to compress the upper gears quite a bit to get the clips loose.

that f'ing sucks!! Let use know how you make out with replacement.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
So the lock c-locks on the clutch shaft came out and shot the clutch shaft down and pushed the lower off the drive?????

only way I could see that happening is from loose tolerances in the clutch pack in the upper or the clutch shaft ball bearing cluster bloke, otherwise you have to compress the upper gears quite a bit to get the clips loose.

that f'ing sucks!! Let use know how you make out with replacement.

Big bird did it,wait till the cookie monster eats it

That cookie monster is a sneaky little bastard

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:23 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

the other day on sesame street, everything the cookie monster touched turned into a cookie.... it really pissed off big bird and the rest of the gang!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.