bravo drive oil what the best. >

bravo drive oil what the best.

Notices

bravo drive oil what the best.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
The question was ask what oil would be the best!! I ran 1100+ HP on #3s and was doing the rebuilds,, even was making large shafts to upgrade the 3s&4s..
They would only live with amsoil!!! Not Mercs green crap and Royal Purple was worst!!
and Ran that Shadow Cat at 155-165!!
You are so right about Royal Purple, its junk! It doesn't even meet initial viscosity requirements, which means until its hot, its not even protecting properly. AMSOIL is the way to go!
Old 06-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Registered

Here is some good info. I used to run Royal Purple in everything I had but then got sick of seeing it fail test after test.

Look at page 6 of this link.
http://www.amsoil.com/products/gearl...hitePaper.aspx

This is what I run and will be running for the forseable future.
http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/agm.aspx
Old 06-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

AMSOIL
500 hp or less,you can run anything,merc hi performance,what ever.500-750 hp,minimum of a synthetic and shorten change intervals.
Start making some hp (750 plus),AMSOIL severe gear,cryo and polish the gears,change it OFTEN (mainly to remove metal and debris). I tested ALOT using royal purple and I learned more than anything that it was less than ideal for high hp applications. I also found the thicker 75/140 royal purple seemed to slow boat down over the thinner stuff and gears failed just as fast although I never did a true back to back test on the same day as far as the speed difference,Smitty
Old 06-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
AMSOIL
500 hp or less,you can run anything,merc hi performance,what ever.500-750 hp,minimum of a synthetic and shorten change intervals.
Start making some hp (750 plus),AMSOIL severe gear,cryo and polish the gears,change it OFTEN (mainly to remove metal and debris). I tested ALOT using royal purple and I learned more than anything that it was less than ideal for high hp applications. I also found the thicker 75/140 royal purple seemed to slow boat down over the thinner stuff and gears failed just as fast although I never did a true back to back test on the same day as far as the speed difference,Smitty
What visc amsoil ? I'm building a XZ drive with cryoed and polished gears ,I was going to switch to an XR but my XZ lasted 2 years behind 800hp so why switch.!.? I'v read some of your post on testing. great info! My new drive guy said to run pure synthetic.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by risingsun
What visc amsoil ? I'm building a XZ drive with cryoed and polished gears ,I was going to switch to an XR but my XZ lasted 2 years behind 800hp so why switch.!.? I'v read some of your post on testing. great info! My new drive guy said to run pure synthetic.
AMSOIL makes a "marine gear lube", which is a 75/80w-90. Now, if you've got some rediculous HP, you can use the Severe Gear 75w-110, or Severe Gear 75w-140.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like this stuff better than the Amsoil I used to use.

http://aerospacelubricants.thomasnet...-21?&forward=1

Picked up almost 100 rpm in back to back testing.

Chris
Old 06-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Registered

I just switched to Amsoil (http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/agm.aspx) from the Merc HP lube and I think that I lost some rpm/speed. Anyone know the viscosity difference between the merc lube and the Amsoil?
Old 06-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I have read the study that racerngr1 posted the link for. It is very informative. Short story:
1-Amsoil
2-Mobil 1
3-GM Synthetic Gear oil

I am running Mobil 1 as its great oil and easy to come by. And I had a couple cases lying around. I won't run merc hp as it is a conventional oil priced higher than a synthetic. What a rip. For the guys running real power, the best oil will be application specific. There is no one perfect oil for everyone.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:42 AM
Registered

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/agm...=90&zo=1698533

What's nice about this product is it's designed to retain viscosity with up to 10% water contamination.

I'm an Amsoil dealer and can help purchase if need be.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Racerngr1
http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/agm...=90&zo=1698533

What's nice about this product is it's designed to retain viscosity with up to 10% water contamination.

I'm an Amsoil dealer and can help purchase if need be.

Im interested in a 5gall pail, I guess they would drop ship from the closest warehouse to me?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.