Notices

Konrad Drives

Old 07-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kurt is a good guy, I'm not asking him for anything. Konrad on the other hand, I feel should of worked with me a little better being that they don't know why my drive broke?
Old 07-11-2009, 05:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe,
I agree with you that Konrad could have done something more for you other than what appears to be list price. They market their drive to support this level of HP/TQ. With a twin set up, modified Bravos will live at 800 HP, mine do.

Konrad, you make a great product that fills a market void. Would it make business sense to reconsider your response? Mercury, GM, Ford all make warrantee exceptions in some situations, is this one of them?
Ben
Old 07-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Joe

Did you have the heavy duty upper gear set? Just curious...I got them when i bought my Konrads so just wanted to be aware of what i might be in store for.

Thanks
Brian
Old 07-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BenPerfected
Joe,
I agree with you that Konrad could have done something more for you other than what appears to be list price. They market their drive to support this level of HP/TQ. With a twin set up, modified Bravos will live at 800 HP, mine do.

Konrad, you make a great product that fills a market void. Would it make business sense to reconsider your response? Mercury, GM, Ford all make warrantee exceptions in some situations, is this one of them?
Ben
Dude I don't know what to tell ya but Ford sucks for warrantee. My hybrid was 40 miles out with peeling paint and they told me to go piss up a rope. Go look at the guy in the trailer section with his 450 that has left him dead on the side of the road many times. My F350 had tranny issues and they never got that fixed so I had to send it out myself to Brians Truck Stop and have it fixed while the truck was still in it's 30K bumper to bumper. I can assure you that if I was there a year after the warrantee was up that they would have laughed me out of the place.

Maybe this drive was beat to death coming in and out of the water? Who knows. They have guys running more HP then this and less HP then this and so far I think the results have been fairly favorable from what I have read. Anyone know what the service intervals are on a number 6 drive?
Old 07-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Registered
Gold Member

You can replace a xr drive for 6k easy! I was going to order a set of conrads for my boat but i DEFINATELY WONT NOW!! Besides they eat up alot of horsepower! Stick with the TRS!
Old 07-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Or Man Up & Go To A #6!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Registered

ive had konrad drives on my cigarette behind 800 horse blower motors now with out a single problem replaced #3a drives highly recommend these drives. our sport is very demanding we all know that you can break any drive any time it goes with the sport. maybe konrad could of been flexable on the price for good will agreed but there is to many unknow factors ie knowing how to throttle for one. two sides to every story and then the truth.rjs38topgun

Last edited by rjs38topgun; 07-13-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered

Konrad did wind up giving me a break they took off $500. I asked them if they would split the difference and this is what they did for me. The fifty hours on them half of them are just idle time, I had idling issues last year and Kurt can attest to it he drove my boat last Fall. I will sell the boat this season and go back to Bravos that way Konrad can't stick it to me again. Who ever buys there drives think twice about it because there the only ones who can fix them.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:47 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So Kurt came down from Konrad and worked with you on set up? How much did they charge you for that? What did you find was the problem when he came down? I doubt you could ever get Merc to come over to take a look at your boat.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Registered

Iam running 800hp through my drives and changed the gear oil on it twice, once after break in and in the beginning of this season. The reason why Iam slamming them is because now I have invested close to 30k in drives on a 12 meter Fountain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.