Notices

Konrad Drives

Old 07-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Konrad Drives

Whats the price on these drives? How much work is it to convert from TRS to Konrads?
Old 07-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

About 10K. They advertise you can do the conversion in 1 day.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't do it, just had my drive repaired from Konrad FIFTY HOURS on them and $6000 to repair. They don't know why it broke and it was VERY rare that it broke. I had to also pull the motor out to repair my tranny it bent the splines in it when the drive let go.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joetool
Don't do it, just had my drive repaired from Konrad FIFTY HOURS on them and $6000 to repair. They don't know why it broke and it was VERY rare that it broke. I had to also pull the motor out to repair my tranny it bent the splines in it when the drive let go.
For what they cost don't they have some kind of warranty on them?
Old 07-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by picklenjim
For what they cost don't they have some kind of warranty on them?
-There is a one year warranty. Unfortunately, Joe's drive is 2 years old. The factory is firm on the warranty policy.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default konrads

Wow !!,I thought these drives bullet proof ?Was this for both drives or one?What power are running thru these drives?I don' know the cost of these drives, but that seems like of $$ for repairs.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought my drives were bullit proof too? That was the price to repair one drive. I'm hoping the other one doesn't go as well, they don't know why it failed so it leaves thinking what about the other? I'm running 800 hp through them and never beat on it so I wonder what horsepower they really do handle???????????????????????????????
Old 07-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
-There is a one year warranty. Unfortunately, Joe's drive is 2 years old. The factory is firm on the warranty policy.

That makes sense. Warrantee is warantee! What is it with people that expect the warrantee to go beyond the warrantee!! I see it if is 30 days or so.....MAYBE, but twice the warantee? Konrad is an awesome drive. I've spent nearly $6K to repair a Merc XR

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 07-10-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought my drives were bullit proof too? That was the price to repair one drive. I'm hoping the other one doesn't go as well, they don't know why it failed so it leaves thinking what about the other? I'm running 800 hp through them and never beat on it so I wonder what horsepower they really do handle???????????????????????????????
NOTHING is bullet proof. Even good stuff fails eventually in our sport.....! Before Konrad came around.....what were your options?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
NOTHING is bullet proof. Even good stuff fails eventually in our sport.....! Before Konrad came around.....what were your options?
Number 6 drive is my guess. I know Kurt was taking phone calls on the 4th of July. That is good customer service if you ask me. I know I would not have answered my phone on the 4th for most of my customers Except for you Nort your OK LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.