Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > Drives and Lower Units
TRS Transom Assembly - No Reserve, Ends Tonight! >

TRS Transom Assembly - No Reserve, Ends Tonight!

Notices

TRS Transom Assembly - No Reserve, Ends Tonight!

Old 08-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TRS Transom Assembly - No Reserve, Ends Tonight!

Complete TRS transom assembly including pistons, lines and inner plate. Freshly redone with 0 hours. Sitting on the shelf as a spare for 4-5 years. Looks excellent. On eBay with no reserve, no minimum bid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/merCruiser-TRS-G...d=p3911.c0.m14

Two hours remain in the auction, don't miss the chance to name your price. I'm clearing the shelves!

Harry
Old 08-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Stay away from this guy.He uses a shipping rip off skeem.He states $50.00 handling and will give you the total when he see's where you live.Then he gives you a shipping price 4 times higher than it should be plus the handling.I bought a transmission from him that was supposed to be a from a running boat.No way could it have been.When I opened the box I could smell it.It was smoked.He always uses the same story about it sitting on the shelf.He puts a paint job on things to make them look better.I was just buying it for a spare and ended up doing a complete rebuild.He'll also drag it out for a month before he ships it.He says it's coming on a truck is why it's so expensive.Then when you finally get it it comes by Fed X which only takes 3-4 days.

Last edited by picklenjim; 08-10-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Libel, defamation and tortious interference with a business relationship?

Jim,

What are your thoughts on being sued for libel and defamation of character? Were you incapable of being a gentleman and contacting me directly if you had a problem that you would like to discuss with me? Was libeling me in a public forum easier? Then sending me a private message stating: "See my post about TRS transom assembly.Hope you see it if planning on bidding on it. Stay away from this guy."

I can't figure out if you sent me that private message to "warn" me not to buy that transom assembly from myself, or to rub in my face your preceding post in this thread? Either way, you got my attention, in my opinion, in a very childish and ignorant way.

The MCM transmission I sold you was sold to me as a running take out, along with a matching TRS drive and gimbal that were both in triple mint condition. I never tested the transmission, as I had no use for it. As a matter of fact, it did sit on the shelf for nearly three years. While it collected dust on the shelf, I never used it, I surely never rebuilt it, nor did I never describe it as anything but a used take out, in said condition.

The item was cleaned up and painted (which was also made clear in the listing) so that it would have a fresh and clean appearance, at the same time that the TRS drive and gimbal were painted, prior to installation on my 26' Corsa. (Which I might add are in excellent condition, and still in use today.)

With regard to your accusations about my supposed "shipping scam," my policy was clearly defined, as it is the standard language used in all of my auctions. Had you taken the time to read the entire auction listing, (which I've copied and pasted directly here) you would have read: "Shipping is available on this item, both within the United States and Worldwide! The cost will be determined at the end of the auction upon receipt of your complete shipping address. The $50.00 cost shown above is a packaging fee which will be added to the final actual shipping cost. Local pick up is available, but please remember that this is a final sale, so make please sure you are absolutely sure you want this item before committing to a bid!"

Initially, I had intended to ship the MCM transmission to you via common carrier, and that was how the shipping quote was generated. Ultimately, I wound up having a load of goods going to my pack and ship store to be sent via FedEx, and it was quicker and easier than dealing with a freight company. Either way, I was charged for packaging of the item (double boxing, etc. due to weight) plus the actual FedEx shipping costs. I can assure you that it was never my intention to, nor did I defraud you in any way.

If you wanted a new or a rebuilt transmission, you should have purchased a new or rebuilt transmission which would have cost nearly $2K, not an untested, used take out, advertised as such for $405. Furthermore, your current claim entirely contradicts the positive feedback comments you left on eBay that stated: "Good communication;well packaged;item fair."

Once again, as you can tell, I did not take your accusations lightly, and I really wish you had brought your concerns to my attention immediately and directly, rather than libeling me in a public forum some three months after the sale, in an attempt to defame me and thwart the sale of another item I had listed.

Quite frankly, at this juncture, some three months after the item was received, I have absolutely zero desire to debate this matter with you, especially in a public forum, but I felt that I needed to state my rebuttal. I will be asking the OSO moderators to remove this thread in its entirety.

I trust my position in this matter is abundantly clear, and I apologize to all of the other members on OSO, those who know me personally, and those who don't, but all of whom were subjected to this rant.

Harry