Bravo One HP rating >

Bravo One HP rating

Notices

Bravo One HP rating

Old 09-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo One HP rating

I have a 23' Warlock, weighs about 3600lbs. It has a BB540CI Merlin. I am worried the engine makes to much HP for the new drive installed 08/08. Anyone aware of the hp rating on a Bravo One drive
Old 09-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I have been told 500HP for reliable boating. I know a guy with a Blown BB running 900 HP on a Bravo. Just depends a lot on how hard you run out of the hole and how much air you get. Imco, Bmax, Konrad are what a lot of guys use for big power. I have been running a stock Bravo for years, I have built it up from 330 to 500HP.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I think merc rates the standard ones up to 500hp, or at least they did. Actually the older 600SC's came with standard Bravos.
Nothing is indestructible. Change the lube frequently, be easy out of the hole and quick on the pulling the sticks back if you get some air.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my b1 drive I ran from 330hp to 650 hp from 89 to 05 then went to a newer shortie drive 2'' imco lower, but never broke the 1st drive and I got lots of air you just got to know the boat and throttle it right and take off slow until your over 3400rpms then nail it. plus boat weight was extra light 3700lbs, I replaced engine hatch with a scooped one we made out of balsa and back seat so that was at least 400lbs. and don't run a 5 blade, if you ever do need one THERES A LOT OF UNHAPPY PEOPLE WITH Bmax theres a new thread out now about him.KONRAD has a ace drive and BIGGIST on here can set you up with a dealer near you and give you info on them they hold 800hp,but I have been in boats with more power and trouble free, I bought one just not sure what hull to put it on right now.