Bravo 1's and horsepower >

Bravo 1's and horsepower

Notices

Bravo 1's and horsepower

Old 10-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo 1's and horsepower

How much horsepower can the Bravo 1's handle? I have a 33' powerplay currently powered with 496 HO's and Bravo1's. Thinking about moving up to merc 525's. Are there any upgrades to the Bravo 1's that will help them handle the extra horsepower. Looking for more speed but I would still like to maintain the reliability. Maybe some easy uprgades to the 496's.....any Ideas on that subject?
Old 10-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen 496HO's with Raylar 525hp kits and Bravo 1X's do well, but the owner took care not to shock the drives with sudden torque. A lot depends on how you drive them. My 30' Advantage V has twin HO's and 1X's and no problem (until the wife did a 3500 neutral drop with both).

If you can afford it, swap to the 525's or do the Raylar upgrade. I think you can put XR shafts and gears in the 1X cases but there are others who know a lot more that I on that...
Old 10-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

The Bravos will handle the HP as long as you treat them right and change the lube often.