Notices

TRS Drives

Old 10-07-2009, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRS Drives

Hello all I am new to the site and I need some help, We have a 1992 foutain with twin 502's with TRS drives, The outdrives where removed over the winter when we went to put in the water for the first test run for the Company I work for the out drives where going in the wrong direction, put in reverse they went forward, put in forward they went into reverse pulled boat figuring the outdrivers where put on the wrong sides put boat back in water this morning and same thing. Could some one please help me with how to get them going the the right direction we have a huge demo with the Coast Gaurd in a couple of weeks any help would be great.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

TRS drives are LH and RH only. When you put them in forward and it goes reverse you have the props on the wrong drives. DO NOT RUN THE TRANSMISSIONS in REVERSE and give them power to correct the problem, you will destroy the transmissions. A Bravo drive you can do this a TRS you can not.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts

It does not matter how the drives are on the boat (as far as forward/reverse), it does matter if the props are switched.

The prop shafts are stamped on the ends, L&R. Make sure you have the correct prop on the correct drive.

And yes as Rookie says if you run them in reverse you will toast the transmissions.