Trim limiters and shift calble question >

Trim limiters and shift calble question

Notices

Trim limiters and shift calble question

Old 11-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim limiters and shift calble question

Had to replace my bravo one and wanted to replaced all the bellows and rubber while I had it off. Ran into two problems.

1) on one of the trim limiters, where it sits in the hinge pin is broken. I am talking about the little black pieces that stick out the back of the limiter allowing it to sit in the hinge pin. Are these needed. Can I just screw the trim limiter back on with the two mounting screws?

2)I had not planned on replacing the shift cable but when I got things apart noticed that the housing was damaged (I was suprised the shift cable was still in one piece, lucky it had not left me stranded) so I am going to replace it. My problem is that the brass piece in the bell housing is stuck. I got the small nut off, but during that the big one on the back broke. I mean this thing is stuck good in there. Would anyone suggest drilling it out or not. If not I guess its a new bell housing.

thanks for any help
Old 11-15-2009, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kwooley
Had to replace my bravo one and wanted to replaced all the bellows and rubber while I had it off. Ran into two problems.

1) on one of the trim limiters, where it sits in the hinge pin is broken. I am talking about the little black pieces that stick out the back of the limiter allowing it to sit in the hinge pin. Are these needed. Can I just screw the trim limiter back on with the two mounting screws?

2)I had not planned on replacing the shift cable but when I got things apart noticed that the housing was damaged (I was suprised the shift cable was still in one piece, lucky it had not left me stranded) so I am going to replace it. My problem is that the brass piece in the bell housing is stuck. I got the small nut off, but during that the big one on the back broke. I mean this thing is stuck good in there. Would anyone suggest drilling it out or not. If not I guess its a new bell housing.

thanks for any help
Yes you need it to go in, thats how it measures by it staying in there and the outside that mounts on the helmet turns with the helmet. Starboard size is for trim gauge and Port is for trim limit.
For the shifter cable. After you take the nut out it should push/pull thru.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Registered

thanks for the reply. I overlooked the fact that the bell housing will move but the limiter will stay in place. as for the shift cable, it will not push out. It is stuck good. Has anyone had luck drilling it out?
Old 11-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Registered

start with a drill bit the same size as the inside of the brass piece that is left in housing and go up one size at the time and take your time i have gotten them out plenty of times this way.